Close

Removing a JRSC-R, Problems?

Would there be any problems with the car if I were to remove the JRSC-R unit and leave the K-Pro and other goodies in? I ask because its ALMOST time for me to get smogged and I don't know what to do. Damn race kit :[

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    As long as you re-install the entire factory intake assembly and upload the factory or hi-octane kal, you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 4angrybadgers View Post
    As long as you re-install the entire factory intake assembly and upload the factory or hi-octane kal, you should be fine.
    yep to the above. i just did this actually two weeks ago and left my i/rh/e/on the car along with the hondata IMG and my RC 550 injectors. i loaded the k20a3 civic tuned hi octane map, changed the injector size to 550cc and car runs fabulous.

I would go to a pass or don't pay smog place. Don't mention the supercharger and hopefully they don't either. Either that or say, "I really need to pass this test, do you think I will pass? My car is dealer maintained." Give him a fast wink and take his hand and put a folded $100 bill in it. Keep cool and if he denies you, try another shop. Who is gonna turn down $100? Nobody. Just make sure the employee's boss isn't nearby.

I got inspected the other day, with supercharger and no cat. I did not say a word, they didn't either. Welcome to Texas

Quote Originally Posted by vbpracer View Post
    I got inspected the other day, with supercharger and no cat. I did not say a word, they didn't either. Welcome to Texas
    I don't ever need to get inspected. Welcome to Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid Moments View Post
    I don't ever need to get inspected. Welcome to Georgia.
    +1

Don't remove it for smog.

You might be able to pass with it, as long as you still running stock Cat.

i'm running the DCRH. I have zero cats. My car wreaks

I think maybe im just gonna get rid of it all and just go back to stock. California FTL and CHP ftl.

If I left the injectors and just got my Kpro retuned would I be ok? my car has 80k miles on it and was supercharged for about 10k of that. The JRSC-R with 3.8 pulley was great, but cops can take my car if i get pulled over. Need to go back to stock to avoid that ^^

Quote Originally Posted by JRSCep3 View Post
    i'm running the DCRH. I have zero cats. My car wreaks

I think maybe im just gonna get rid of it all and just go back to stock. California FTL and CHP ftl.

If I left the injectors and just got my Kpro retuned would I be ok? my car has 80k miles on it and was supercharged for about 10k of that. The JRSC-R with 3.8 pulley was great, but cops can take my car if i get pulled over. Need to go back to stock to avoid that ^^
    i would say just take the race header off and put the cat and stock exhaust mani back on, put the 4" pulley on and get it retuned. i would imagine you should be able to pass with that, but i could be wrong it wont be as fast, but your inlet temps will be cooler and it will hopefully get you into emissions compliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess View Post
    I would go to a pass or don't pay smog place. Don't mention the supercharger and hopefully they don't either. Either that or say, "I really need to pass this test, do you think I will pass? My car is dealer maintained." Give him a fast wink and take his hand and put a folded $100 bill in it. Keep cool and if he denies you, try another shop. Who is gonna turn down $100? Nobody. Just make sure the employee's boss isn't nearby.
    You are smoking crack. $100 won't get you shit at a California smog station. $250 would be on the low side of reasonable. If I were a smog guy, I'd take your $100, smile, and then let you know that your car wont pass.

Quote Originally Posted by BlownSi05 View Post
    i would say just take the race header off and put the cat and stock exhaust mani back on, put the 4" pulley on and get it retuned. i would imagine you should be able to pass with that, but i could be wrong it wont be as fast, but your inlet temps will be cooler and it will hopefully get you into emissions compliance.

That's a lot of money in my position. I have none of my stock parts left heh. Ugh what a PITA. The only downfall of living in california, you can't be a car enthusiast without being a baller :/

I'm in the same boat as you right now. Let me know how it goes.

广州本田
    Good luck buddy! this is one of the reasons i don't mod with my engine es

Thread Information