Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
    What is the likelyhood of the dash switch not working?
    Pretty good. It could be shorted out, it happens.

I worked on automotive A/C for a living for over ten years,and was ASE certified in A/C, so I think I know a thing or two about it. There's other reasons why it won't shut off, and I guarentee it's not the low pressure switch, if it was then the A/C would at least shut off at the dash switch. Most likey there's a short somewhere, I'm thinking a couple wires melted together and energized the compressor coil.
    Last edited by spike 03EP3; 07-11-2008 at 07:42 PM.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by gracer718 View Post
    if your ac is blowing, but not always cold, check the cabin air filters. i just changed mine and it solved the problem. they are about $25 for both at Honda. remember that we drive "economy" cars, so the air will not be ice cold in the 90 degree weather if air is not moving constantly through the system.

hope it works for you, it sucks not having ac!
    Where are these filters located?

Sir Spike, I have the opposite problem. When I am going down the highway the compressor will turn off and the air gets warm. then it will kick on violently and then bam cold air. but most time in the city it is blowing cold. I do notice this coincides with when the compressor is on/off (on=cold air; off=hot air).

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterCivicSi View Post
    well i can hear my compressor turning on and working properly, i just have no freakin cold air, its hot.... and thats not what i need in 90+ degree weather w/ like 60% humidity.

WORKING A/C FTMFW!
    Try living in Japan in the summer time. Their humidity is absolutely NUTS. I just got back from a work trip to Toyota City and I had to change shirts (honestly) 3 times a day from sweating so much.

I had the same problem 4 months ago and honda said the clutch was out on the AC but my coolant level was at max. they did an AC job and replaced the parts and it totalled over $700 but the warranty picked up 100%. Now it blows super cold and i sometimes have to turn the temp up to take the frosting edge off of it.

Kings Mountain, North Carolina, United States
    Mine did the same.....it was the clutch. Now Im compressor shopping.......

ephatch member
    So I have had some hot air blowing out of my vents lately, and was wondering what I should do? Also if I am next to someone or by a curb I can hear the engine making some God-awful noises but those noises go away when I turn the a/c off.

Any ideas? Is this my compressor going out?

Quote Originally Posted by Blindeye_03 View Post
    So I have had some hot air blowing out of my vents lately, and was wondering what I should do? Also if I am next to someone or by a curb I can hear the engine making some God-awful noises but those noises go away when I turn the a/c off.

Any ideas? Is this my compressor going out?
    Sounds like a compressor to me.

make sure there is pressure in the system.

ephatch member
    The system was flushed and all that the other day but no difference so I am having a new compressor and other parts put in. Im sure it will work then :).

Of course I got the wrong compressor from the shop... now I have to wait for another. This is really irritating me.

Ahhh compressor #2 was correct and now I have cold air again :)
    Last edited by Blindeye_03; 09-01-2010 at 08:30 PM.

ok i might as well post in this thread since my other one isnt getting any replies. I replaced the compressor and evac'd and refilled it and theres still no power. I put power directly to the compressor and it kicks on. but without direct power theres nothing. also the fan isnt kickin on either. it seems like a relay, but i checked all the relays in the fuse box and swapped them around and still nothing. i also located that dual pressure switch under the battery tray, jumped the connector with a peice of wire and still nothing. anyone else have any ideas or ways to diagnose this ac problem???

New to this forum so I apologize if I'm doing this wrong. I have a 2003, about 6 months ago my ac quit, last week my blower motor quit, after some research and testing I narrowed it down to the power transistor. I replaced it and the cabin air filters which were unbelievably dirty. The blower motor and heat work fine now. the ac blows ice cold air for only the first few minutes the car is running, then blows warm air, any Ideas what this could be? Haven't been able to find anything in the other threads

Quote Originally Posted by Autobon7 View Post
    New to this forum so I apologize if I'm doing this wrong. I have a 2003, about 6 months ago my ac quit, last week my blower motor quit, after some research and testing I narrowed it down to the power transistor. I replaced it and the cabin air filters which were unbelievably dirty. The blower motor and heat work fine now. the ac blows ice cold air for only the first few minutes the car is running, then blows warm air, any Ideas what this could be? Haven't been able to find anything in the other threads
    Im sure you couldve made a new thread for yourself, but this should be fine.

Does it do this everytime? Or only when you cycle the A/C on/off button? Unless you have pressure gauges, it's a bit hard to diagnose. But if it's blowing cold then shuts off, might be a clog in your system

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information