Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I wash the car in the driveway. And when I return from a road trip I use the coin operated car wash first (just the sprayer) trying to get most of the bugs off before they stick. Then I was the car at the house. So I usually end up doing most of the cleaning in the drive way. Its a trust issue.

i wash my car at my house because my friends tell me the car washes around my town leave scratches. so don't trust the machines and trust your arms.

I go to the local car washes....no where ti wash it at the apartment :(

Just rubbed my baby down this morning. ALL HAND JOBBY!

ephatch member
    Guys if you don't have anywhere to wash at your apt, try this. Go over to Autogeek.net and pick up some Optimum No Rinse car wash solution. All you need is 2 gallons of water, and a ounce of that stuff, it works great. Pick up a couple of wash mits, a couple of drying towels, and maybe a wheel brush, and you're set. I just did my car in the garage at 10pm while it was raining out. Took about a hour with doing my windows, and some tire shine, and some protectant on the plastic and rubber trim. I have a EP3 also.

You wipe a panel down with the ONR, then dry that panel, move on to the next, all done. Simple of enough... I have to say, I used to do only home washing, I'm now swearing by this stuff...

God I feel like I'm on a stupid infomercial trying to sell you the ShamWOW lol!

ONR is awesome stuff when you're in a rush to get your car cleaned. I've gone through a few gallons of it already.

There's no place like home

alot of people i know have had bad experiences at car washes with broken mirrors, scratches, and one friend even had a windshield cracked and they always say they are not liable, so i do most my washing at home.. luckily there is a place by me that is an express carwash called auto exotica and ferraris lambos porsches are always getting washed there so i bring it there sometimes.. i feel if someone will risk their 60k-120k cars why not give mine a shot and it comes out fucken amazing.. inside and out for 14 dollars hah

I wash at home almost all the time, just enjoy doing it. When i use a car wash during winter or whenever i use the quarter machine things.

Just a tip using an express wash (quarter thing) before you use the brush, spray it out with the high pressure sprayer first to get rid of any derbis

I also use those places after i go mudding in the truck

I wish I could wash my car myself at home. No place to wash it.
    I go to a hand carwash cause my car will not pass in the automatic car washes. I don't like those any ways they leave swirl marks on the car.

well run a tunnel express in S.C

been working in the Carwash Business for 6yrs now, started on a carwash that had 3 self service in bay, with 2 Automatic Inbay " touchless laser wash".... now i am running a Express tunnel with Mac Neil Equipment.... well i have wash my car almost every 2 days or everyday, lol and i have a white/ep, and the truth is that i havent had no problem witht the paint, it all depends on what your local carwash uses for quemical cheap or the good brand, and equipment makes the diffrence too...

Originally I washed my cat at home, then I moved on to the drive thru wash, and now I'm set with the Foam and Wash self wash

at home. all the carwashes around here are car eaters. if they aren't scratching your car they are ripping it apart.

I wash mine in front of the house. Wash weekly,but ra it rains all the time here in HI.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information