Close

Thread: k20a2?

ephatch member

k20a2?

is a k20a2 head and ecu swap worth it on a ep3 a3 motor? and would it have a problem with emissions if that head and ecu was swapped?

no. imo just save up for a full swap.

x2, just do a full swap.

if your doing the head swap yourself i say do it
    When people ask me if my car is turbo, I can finally say yes muthafuxa it is.

i was thinking of head swap too. but i put a k20z1 in my car... so happy with it..
    loving the 4.7 fd

Quote Originally Posted by clutch797 View Post
    x2, just do a full swap.
    X3 .... Just pick up a k24a1, best bang for the buck swap IMO... you could sell the head for the (k24)block. Or just get the k24 too and frank swap that sucka. Ive seen k24a4's sell for as much as 700 or even less. just look and be patient. all these are better options than head swapping an A3... again, just my opinion.

or...pick a k24 head swap it, cheaper (200 or so) and flows as well as an A2 head..So many better options... A2 head is nice, but i'm a broke bastard, so Im always lookin for the best deal with the most power.

A3 head swap should have no smog issues..key is though, KPRO.
    Last edited by Norcal Ep3; 06-08-2008 at 12:53 AM.

ditch the bitch ass a3 its a money pit IMO!

HI, i have a K20A3 i was thinking about doing something to this motor like change the head to the type s head K20A or the A2 some people tell me do the whole sawp but its like $ 6000 plus another 1000 to install it i really dont have 7000 to spend or maybe more if anything goes wrong you know so is there any other way to tune the A3 from like 160 HP to like maybe 220 or 240 bolt on or K pro send it to hondata headers, catback, inatke whatever if any 1 can help with a good advise please do so thankx

Quote Originally Posted by koftaboy View Post
    HI, i have a K20A3 i was thinking about doing something to this motor like change the head to the type s head K20A or the A2 some people tell me do the whole sawp but its like $ 6000 plus another 1000 to install it i really dont have 7000 to spend or maybe more if anything goes wrong you know so is there any other way to tune the A3 from like 160 HP to like maybe 220 or 240 bolt on or K pro send it to hondata headers, catback, inatke whatever if any 1 can help with a good advise please do so thankx

turbo/supercharger is the only way youll see those numbers with the a3.
    When people ask me if my car is turbo, I can finally say yes muthafuxa it is.

Thread Information