Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

k20 type R vs.K24

What's going on my fellow Ephatchers? I'm stuck, I'm gonna be getting somee money from my job (around 6 thousand) Now I was thinking on getting a full Type R swap.. But then I've been reading that its not worth it... I then thought about the k24 with the type Head and the rest of the swap... What do you guys think??? Also I just found out my Grandfather has in import license how much do you think ,if I can, can a k20 type r str8 from somewhere in Japan because I heard that swaps overthere are rather cheap compared to the prices out here. Any info will be great thatnx.

buy my turbo kit instead

you can do a k24/k20 with a turbo kit for the price of just a type r swap and be wayyyyyy faster

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    buy my turbo kit instead
    is it me or have you been selling it for like 4 years now lol

I vote for K24/K20. It will have more usable power around town and will cost considerably less then a typeR swap any way you cut it. Only thing you'll have to think about with the K24/K20 swap is the trans you'll want.

Quote Originally Posted by kon View Post
    I vote for K24/K20. It will have more usable power around town and will cost considerably less then a typeR swap any way you cut it. Only thing you'll have to think about with the K24/K20 swap is the trans you'll want.
    Ok well I was hoping that I could get the Type R for as cheap as I've heard str8 from Japan... Then once I get tired of the type r long block and wanted more power, Take the head off the type R and put it with a k24 short block... This way I already have the Type R Lsd Trans in my car... Or do I just get a K24 Put a Type S Head on it. Get a Type S Trans,put an after Market Lsd and call it? I do not want to go Boast I want to stay all motor and make some good numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Jpax View Post
    is it me or have you been selling it for like 4 years now lol
    a month and 8 days, ppl are broke and/or flakers

if u go type r u will enjoy da high reving and nice take offs

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Drip!!! View Post
    Ok well I was hoping that I could get the Type R for as cheap as I've heard str8 from Japan... Then once I get tired of the type r long block and wanted more power, Take the head off the type R and put it with a k24 short block... This way I already have the Type R Lsd Trans in my car... Or do I just get a K24 Put a Type S Head on it. Get a Type S Trans,put an after Market Lsd and call it? I do not want to go Boast I want to stay all motor and make some good numbers...
    Can any1 else give me some insight?

If you are like me who's not very knowledgable about working with motors and hates going to shop to have something fixed every now and then then go straight swap either a K20A or K20A2. Kpro is a must.
    Im happy with my K20A.

I want a big block! thechromecoyote's Avatar
    k24/k20 frank with a mean turbo kit. Costs less and gives you more power.

Get a type S tranny and an aftermarket LSD

Quote Originally Posted by thechromecoyote View Post
    k24/k20 frank with a mean turbo kit. Costs less and gives you more power.

Get a type S tranny and an aftermarket LSD
    type s tranny with boost? most people would recommend sticking with the 5 speed on boost. why would you recommend going with a 6 speed?

someone is selling k24a4's in the classifieds for $650. go that route and build the engine. it will save you money.
    Last edited by ecsahs3; 06-09-2008 at 08:23 PM.

i say k24a1 stock with a k20a2 head, all stock with a 5-speed if you plan on going boost, but a k24a1/a2 head vs. a k20a ep both same weight and everything, the k24 ep would pull slightly ahead......but remember a k24 can only rev to like MAX 8000, and a k20a to like 8800 easily. But k24/a2 head, would be MUCCHHHH cheaper, k20a's are so damn expensive its retarded, just cus its from Japan, kiss my ass lol.
    And once your done just throw on a S/C or if you got $$ put a turbo kit on. But i say dont go k20a, your gonna just throw away all your money when you can spend less and have a faster car.

Quote Originally Posted by clujalolo View Post
    i say k24a1 stock with a k20a2 head, all stock with a 5-speed if you plan on going boost, but a k24a1/a2 head vs. a k20a ep both same weight and everything, the k24 ep would pull slightly ahead......but remember a k24 can only rev to like MAX 8000, and a k20a to like 8800 easily. But k24/a2 head, would be MUCCHHHH cheaper, k20a's are so damn expensive its retarded, just cus its from Japan, kiss my ass lol.
    And once your done just throw on a S/C or if you got $$ put a turbo kit on. But i say dont go k20a, your gonna just throw away all your money when you can spend less and have a faster car.
    Now as i said before if I can get the swap for cheap like 2 grand str8 from Japan would it be worth it? I've Heard K24 are weak and blow easy...I don't want boast at all... I want all motor setup that i can drive Daily... Is 300hp all motor too much of a goal ot reach?

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Drip!!! View Post
    Now as i said before if I can get the swap for cheap like 2 grand str8 from Japan would it be worth it? I've Heard K24 are weak and blow easy...I don't want boast at all... I want all motor setup that i can drive Daily... Is 300hp all motor too much of a goal ot reach?
    Not sure where your getting your info, but it may not be 100% accurate. If you can get a K20a, the type R motor from Japan, for 2 grand then I would stop searching right now and just get that (assuming it comes with the trans...even if it doesn't actually). lol...I want to say that you are looking at at least $1500 for a cheap bare bones K24a1/K20a2 swap (best case scenario after all is said and done). K-pro is highly recomended either way you go.

I don't believe that there is too much truth to K24/K20 swaps being any less reliable then K20 swaps. Its all in how you do the work and TUNE. Also helps if you keep the revs below 8000rpm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information