Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

T1R inverted tie rod end + body frame

I couldnt find a thread of inverted tie rod on USDM ep3 with TEIN FLEX.
    so here, Just a confirmation that any inverted pillowball tie rod end WILL WORK with tein flex for USDM ep3. My drop is not much, maybe 1.5in.

I have both of them and there is no problem at all.
    I think tein SS and basic should have no problem either.

Don't hesitate about buying them. it's really easy install compared to the "relocation bracket". If you can change oil, you can do it. Also, I think it corrects more angle than the bracket.
    I highly recommend them.
    The bumpsteer issue is really solved too. it's not just my imagination btw.

the reason why i brought this up is that many people are concerned about tie rod hitting the body frame. When i first purchased them, i was also very worried that the inverted tie rod end will hit the body frame. However, after installation. I am 100% sure that it will not hit, and there is tons of clearance when the car is jacked up (at least 7-8cm)

If anyone has the inverted tie rod end, please post up your application, so new buyers know if they will work.
    Last edited by bigo711; 06-08-2008 at 12:59 PM.

If you could get some pics posted that would be sweet.

what kind of picture are u lookin for?

Movin on up.
    I just ordered a set, and I'll take some pics once they are installed. I will be using them on my D2 coilovers.

I have a set right here staring at me, I wouldnt even use these on my CubCadet lawn mower. They are the chinnsiest pieces of crap I have ever seen.

And there has been several posts where they actually BROKE IN HALF and seperated the steering(luckily both instances were in parking lots) Imagine that snapping at 80mph...............
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Movin on up.
    Thats awesome, cause I just dropped $200 on them. I searched and searched but could only find this post about inverted tie rods. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    I have a set right here staring at me, I wouldnt even use these on my CubCadet lawn mower. They are the chinnsiest pieces of crap I have ever seen.

And there has been several posts where they actually BROKE IN HALF and seperated the steering(luckily both instances were in parking lots) Imagine that snapping at 80mph...............
    there was only one single case that he had his broke in half, and his was used part.

Also, on clubRSX, tons of people are running inverted tie rod end from AKOM racing, and there has been no problem. THeir product also has been using on race tracks, so it should be able to take enormous amount of stress.
    I doubt AKOM racing's inverted tie rod is any different from T1R's-
    material and constructions are the same.

therefore, if you are uncomfortable about T1R inverted tie rod's quality, you should still get a inverted tie rod end from whatever other brand. It improves handling a lot if you are lowered.

Well-known japan company has been producing similar products too.
    Ex) Tracy Sports, Top fuel.. their constructions look the same to me as well.
    J's racing also has inverted tie rod for other car application, using similar pillowball method.

Quote Originally Posted by superhatch View Post
    Thats awesome, cause I just dropped $200 on them. I searched and searched but could only find this post about inverted tie rods. *sigh*
    Well, i wouldnt worry about it. Akom racing has similar products, and a lot of ppl have been using it.

you could wait to see if it breaks on me tho :P

Movin on up.
    I've read through a bunch of posts on H-T, clubRSX and other forums and found about 20+ positive results. The only actual case I found where one snapped was when someone did some weird welding to their piece first. The other "T1R snapped" replies were all friend of a friend replies.

I'm going to put them on tomorrow when then come in.

Quote Originally Posted by superhatch View Post
    I've read through a bunch of posts on H-T, clubRSX and other forums and found about 20+ positive results. The only actual case I found where one snapped was when someone did some weird welding to their piece first. The other "T1R snapped" replies were all friend of a friend replies.

I'm going to put them on tomorrow when then come in.
    yeah, let me know after puttin them on.
    I think the pillowball makes sounds when you shift gears(when your car jerks a bit)
    i wonder if everyone's like that

Yeah I have my set on. I have had a problem with them, however its probably my fault. The set that arrived at my door needed washers to properly seat the tapered end into the hole. The stock torque specs is around 35ft-lbs, bad idea. If i had no cotter pins I would probably be dead already. So to be safe I brought it up to 50ft-lbs. And they still... Got loose. Maybe its time for loctite? or should I try torquing it to 60?

I did have them but they snapped on me on the driver side!!!!
    I was running buddy club N+ with the T1R inverted tie rod ends.

I'll post pics up tomorrow. I had a thread about this before the site went down.

Quote Originally Posted by chrispychicken View Post
    I did have them but they snapped on me on the driver side!!!!
    I was running buddy club N+ with the T1R inverted tie rod ends.

I'll post pics up tomorrow. I had a thread about this before the site went down.
    I remember your thread..

Quote Originally Posted by civiKSiborg View Post
    Yeah I have my set on. I have had a problem with them, however its probably my fault. The set that arrived at my door needed washers to properly seat the tapered end into the hole. The stock torque specs is around 35ft-lbs, bad idea. If i had no cotter pins I would probably be dead already. So to be safe I brought it up to 50ft-lbs. And they still... Got loose. Maybe its time for loctite? or should I try torquing it to 60?
    What washer are you talkin about?

is it bad or okay to reverse the tierods instead of buying inverted tie rods.
    i have just got some new ones and haven installed them yet and wanted to know if i could do this instead of getting the reverse tie rods from T1r

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information