Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

kpro on a stock ep3? what gains?

so i'm debating on trying to mod my ep3, and have heard that kpro is the best mod for the money.

but what would the gains be? and modifications are going to be kept to a minimum.

would it be worth my time?

ephatch member
    when you say mods will be kept to a minimum, what are your plans? If only i/h/e is your plan then you could go for just the reflash. I personally have i/h/e right now and have bigger plans in the future, so if I don't buy a used reflash in the next 2 weeks, then I'll order k-pro on June 26th!! But I am leaning towards k-pro so I can run the low octane tune when I don't want to fork over the extra cash at the pump.

a kpro reflash?

i already have an aem sri. i might go with some sort of exhaust, but doubtful. cops in my area are anal about loud exhaust...

in essence, would it be a good, beneficial mod, without any other adders?

ephatch member
    hondata has a reflash that is less than k-pro. If you are most likely just going to stick with your sri and possibly an exhaust. I would just go with the reflash. K-pro is the key that opens endless doors, like cams, swaps, forced induction, etc. But like I said if your modding stops at intake and maybe exhaust, I would just get a reflash.

thanks!

I'm still curious about the original question. Whether it's k-pro or reflash, what would the gains be if it's just a stock A3 with an intake? The higher rev limit would be cool (not sure if the reflash does that), but would you actually get a noticeable increase in power?

Quote Originally Posted by AUTiger View Post
    when you say mods will be kept to a minimum, what are your plans? If only i/h/e is your plan then you could go for just the reflash. I personally have i/h/e right now and have bigger plans in the future, so if I don't buy a used reflash in the next 2 weeks, then I'll order k-pro on June 26th!! But I am leaning towards k-pro so I can run the low octane tune when I don't want to fork over the extra cash at the pump.
    Could not have said it any better. It really depends on what you're after. The kpro will give you sufficient gains in which you have performance parts installed and you're looking to tune. Much more versatile than your average joe piggyback systems like vafc2 for example. I would not recommend wiping out your savings account to buy the kpro and be left with nothing to spend on additional parts. But rather try to do a intake, header, exhaust setup and tuning with kpro will give you much better gains than the setup without kpro.

Another question to ask yourself is what you are aiming for in terms of performance, street or track setup?

bumping this old thread - curious - if i want to keep the rest of the car stock, and just do this mod for 10whp or so, will it have any impact on fuel economy? someone said the premium gas tune burns quicker but if it's targeting stoich anyway i dont see how that would necessarily be the case.

Thread Information