Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

kpro on a stock ep3? what gains?

so i'm debating on trying to mod my ep3, and have heard that kpro is the best mod for the money.

but what would the gains be? and modifications are going to be kept to a minimum.

would it be worth my time?

ephatch member
    when you say mods will be kept to a minimum, what are your plans? If only i/h/e is your plan then you could go for just the reflash. I personally have i/h/e right now and have bigger plans in the future, so if I don't buy a used reflash in the next 2 weeks, then I'll order k-pro on June 26th!! But I am leaning towards k-pro so I can run the low octane tune when I don't want to fork over the extra cash at the pump.

a kpro reflash?

i already have an aem sri. i might go with some sort of exhaust, but doubtful. cops in my area are anal about loud exhaust...

in essence, would it be a good, beneficial mod, without any other adders?

ephatch member
    hondata has a reflash that is less than k-pro. If you are most likely just going to stick with your sri and possibly an exhaust. I would just go with the reflash. K-pro is the key that opens endless doors, like cams, swaps, forced induction, etc. But like I said if your modding stops at intake and maybe exhaust, I would just get a reflash.

thanks!

I'm still curious about the original question. Whether it's k-pro or reflash, what would the gains be if it's just a stock A3 with an intake? The higher rev limit would be cool (not sure if the reflash does that), but would you actually get a noticeable increase in power?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorachagi View Post
    I'm still curious about the original question. Whether it's k-pro or reflash, what would the gains be if it's just a stock A3 with an intake? The higher rev limit would be cool (not sure if the reflash does that), but would you actually get a noticeable increase in power?
    noticleble increase....mmmm i dont know i had a hard time tellin if i gained some more hp with just a intake exhaust and k-pro! i know on high oct tune gas disapears quick as fuck but the car chirps on 1 n 2nd gear harder than it did with just the int and exh. with the low oct tune i got some hella good gas mileage 350 miles per gall give or take some! ill tell you though the rev limiter for when the car is parked is gone and you can raise the rev limiter but what for? our car doesnt have a good flowing head! you would just put your engine in danger imo! its a FUCKING GOOD ASS MOD THOUGH! a must have!

also in another post some one said that reflashing the ecu means making it dumber. they said that when you reflash the ecu you take away the learning ability to adapt. look around these post. you will find it
    Last edited by playap07; 06-08-2008 at 11:26 PM.

pop lockin khmer guy danielakatoxic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    noticleble increase....mmmm i dont know i had a hard time tellin if i gained some more hp with just a intake exhaust and k-pro! i know on high oct tune gas disapears quick as fuck but the car chirps on 1 n 2nd gear harder than it did with just the int and exh. with the low oct tune i got some hella good gas mileage 350 miles per gall give or take some! ill tell you though the rev limiter for when the car is parked is gone and you can raise the rev limiter but what for? our car doesnt have a good flowing head! you would just put your engine in danger imo! its a FUCKING GOOD ASS MOD THOUGH! a must have!

also in another post some one said that reflashing the ecu means making it dumber. they said that when you reflash the ecu you take away the learning ability to adapt. look around these post. you will find it
    350 mpg!? the hell kinda tune is that. your gas must last for weeks on end.

Quote Originally Posted by danielakatoxic View Post
    350 mpg!? the hell kinda tune is that. your gas must last for weeks on end.

lol smartass

i have the k100 its better than the reflash and not bad on the wallet. you could have the car tuned for whatever bolt ons you have. when i installed it i only had an intake and exhaust. the butt dyno felt a difference, nothing major but definately a difference.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    well yes timing is advanced on a reflash. Which is why it is not safe to run nitrous with it. But as for the making the ecu dumb, I think that has no validation whatsoever. Of course there is the possibility of leaning out with a raceheader, which would mean that your ecu can not supply enough fuel, but that would mean your injectors are just maxed out(getting larger injectors though would not help I would assume unless you have k-pro). Just because there is a hondata reflash on the ecu does not mean that the ecu's ability to perform it's job has been diminished.

My statement still stands and I think you could ask Talon or any other highly reputable member, that if your ONLY plans are intake and MAYBE an exhaust, then a reflash will be sufficient.

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    By "dumb" I think they mean that Kpro won't automatically retard timing when it detects knock (like the stock ECU).

Quote Originally Posted by 4angrybadgers View Post
    By "dumb" I think they mean that Kpro won't automatically retard timing when it detects knock (like the stock ECU).
    I think they mean the reflash won't.

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EPSU3 View Post
    I think they mean the reflash won't.
    Both, actually. I just said Kpro because I was in the middle of helping someone else with Kpro issues.

so im planning on getting k-pro very soon and rolling stock right now. what you guys are saying is not to expect much improvement while stock? btw i plan on modding in the future this is just step 1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information