Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth View Post
    so im planning on getting k-pro very soon and rolling stock right now. what you guys are saying is not to expect much improvement while stock? btw i plan on modding in the future this is just step 1.
    i'd say it's a good step one, but you won't feel much of a difference. There is a high-octane tune that is designed for a stock car. That is the base tune that most build off of to create their own tune. I myself am ordering k-pro this week.

I just put kpro in friday and it's great. The car runs smoother from 700rpm all the way to 7300. I'm gonna run my roomates h22a prelude in the next day or too and I'll be able to tell if its faster or not because we were dead even every time we raced before kpro so we'll see what happens. Now next week when the k24a1 goes in its a different story for him

Quote Originally Posted by AUTiger View Post
    when you say mods will be kept to a minimum, what are your plans? If only i/h/e is your plan then you could go for just the reflash. I personally have i/h/e right now and have bigger plans in the future, so if I don't buy a used reflash in the next 2 weeks, then I'll order k-pro on June 26th!! But I am leaning towards k-pro so I can run the low octane tune when I don't want to fork over the extra cash at the pump.
    Could not have said it any better. It really depends on what you're after. The kpro will give you sufficient gains in which you have performance parts installed and you're looking to tune. Much more versatile than your average joe piggyback systems like vafc2 for example. I would not recommend wiping out your savings account to buy the kpro and be left with nothing to spend on additional parts. But rather try to do a intake, header, exhaust setup and tuning with kpro will give you much better gains than the setup without kpro.

Another question to ask yourself is what you are aiming for in terms of performance, street or track setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth View Post
    so im planning on getting k-pro very soon and rolling stock right now. what you guys are saying is not to expect much improvement while stock? btw i plan on modding in the future this is just step 1.
    Kpro is great seth but I would start with smaller mods first, they will put more of a smile on your face than just kpro alone. For the same price you would pay for kpro you could pick up a catback, intake, and possibly some drop springs. Thats how I started atleast and I wouldn't have changed anything from the start.

Kpro is a tool, its not a mod. Kpro is something you get to open up the potential of you car. If you drop k pro in with a CAI/SRI and an exhaust, the only gains u are getting with the kpro is from the almighty butt dyno. Now, with a proper tune, from someone who knows what they are doing, you may be able to squeeze a couple exta hp out. Tho when i dropped my kpro in with cai and exhaust, i noticed absolutely zero difference. If you are going to mod on a budget, k pro is not for you.

bumping this old thread - curious - if i want to keep the rest of the car stock, and just do this mod for 10whp or so, will it have any impact on fuel economy? someone said the premium gas tune burns quicker but if it's targeting stoich anyway i dont see how that would necessarily be the case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information