Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ephatch member
    i have got an idea im going to buy a magnet alarm there is one with a cord and im gonna attach it to the door and when they open the door the magnet will separate from the speaker box and an alram will go off i could hide the speaker box anywhere in my car and then run outside with a bat lol

i learned the bad people will always steal your stuff. Just get great insurance and dont worry.

Wurd.
    Sleep in your car. At least if they steal it with you inside, you'll know where it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechEP3 View Post
    Canada has the Eh?3 Know what I'm talking aboot?

put him in the back seat

anti-theft

if you have the time everyday, then get one of those wheel locks that the towing people use. They have those on ebay.

I think we may be wasting time putting all this stuff on our car and thieves still break in.

Unless you have a higher powered K engine revving about that potential thieves know about and your flaunting it, just leave it alone. The thing is the 02-05 EPs are not considered to be worthwhile in terms of theft, due to the fact the the parts aside from the engine and other items are made to be fit on it and only it. You are more likely to find RSX-S, 99-00 Civic Si, ITR and GSR stolen and stripped due to the fact that their base models RSX, LS GS RS, EX LX DX CX HX, can use these parts to turn them into more higher performing vehicles without having to buy one.

There may be a random theft here and there of the EP, but it all depends on what's on your car, and who you tell what's in it. Of course there is the random thief looking to make a quick buck. Just make sure there is nothing of value in sight, take your radio faceplate off, I have seen too many people leave them on there only to find sooner or later that it gets stolen. Its only a few seconds of your time, use it.

Be conscious of yourself, don't flaunt recklessly and obnoxiously, because that's all it takes for a potential crook to gain some interest in your car.

I may sound like a butt, but I stay away from car meets period. Too much haters out there sometimes who want to cause trouble rather than just freaking enjoy the gatherings of car enthusiasts who are passionate about their vehicles.

Don't get me wrong now, there are some good deterrents out there, but sometimes the best one is yourself.
    Last edited by Robin786; 06-19-2008 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jjermzz View Post
    They sell some lock thing for your clutch/brake. Or you can make some thing. Leave it in gear, and lock the clutch.
    You don't need the clutch to pass from a gear to neutral. It's just rough if you are under heavy load because of the way the gears are cut, but stoped or coasting, you can pop it out freely.

I agree, if they want it, they will have it. Just get insurance and don't put your life savings in your car. It's just a car after all.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin786 View Post
    I may sound like a butt, but I stay away from car meets period. Too much haters out there sometimes who want to cause trouble rather than just freaking enjoy the gatherings of car enthusiasts who are passionate about their vehicles.

Actually that makes a lot of sense. If our cars are not really that useful to steal because the parts aren't easily sellable (except things like...wheels?) then logically the next bunch of people to have motives to steal your car or anything from it would be other drivers of like cars.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackEP9 View Post
    Actually that makes a lot of sense. If our cars are not really that useful to steal because the parts aren't easily sellable (except things like...wheels?) then logically the next bunch of people to have motives to steal your car or anything from it would be other drivers of like cars.

Exactly. I was always thinking about that routine; when you try to get people to join ephatch.com and they don't want to, I'm thinking they could be potential theives, because here on ephatch.com it feels like a family. And because there weren't that many eps produce the family is closer than the
    b-series family.

Also, there are only few eps in one location. If someone stole your rims, or body parts, the theives won't escape. Especially here in my state, ep owners are either stock, all show no go, or have the buddy club body kit with turbo, or all go and no show. I'm in the middle, show with go. I've only lost to a gsr eg hatch from 60-70, but if we go 80 and up I'll keep. And I've only lost to my friends 06 Altima SeR.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin786 View Post
    I think we may be wasting time putting all this stuff on our car and thieves still break in.

Unless you have a higher powered K engine revving about that potential thieves know about and your flaunting it, just leave it alone. The thing is the 02-05 EPs are not considered to be worthwhile in terms of theft, due to the fact the the parts aside from the engine and other items are made to be fit on it and only it. You are more likely to find RSX-S, 99-00 Civic Si, ITR and GSR stolen and stripped due to the fact that their base models RSX, LS GS RS, EX LX DX CX HX, can use these parts to turn them into more higher performing vehicles without having to buy one.

There may be a random theft here and there of the EP, but it all depends on what's on your car, and who you tell what's in it. Of course there is the random thief looking to make a quick buck. Just make sure there is nothing of value in sight, take your radio faceplate off, I have seen too many people leave them on there only to find sooner or later that it gets stolen. Its only a few seconds of your time, use it.

Be conscious of yourself, don't flaunt recklessly and obnoxiously, because that's all it takes for a potential crook to gain some interest in your car.

Don't get me wrong now, there are some good deterrents out there, but sometimes the best one is yourself.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Keep it low key as possible

Your friend shouldnt have left his laptop and camera in his car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information