Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A2 Head on A3 Block, anyone??

hey guys I need some help for my car. I don't know does this setup is save to do or not, so can you guys give me some opinion??

I had a 2003 Civic Si and I had K20A2 head on hand. I'm planning to swap the head on my A3 Block.

**In addition I will BOOST the car with Jackson Racing SC RACE Kit later on!!

- So, I want to know is this setup up safe to do??

- Anyone do this setup before??

- Can the K20A3 block handle it??

- Will the compression lose??

- What else that I have to play attention on??

- What is the number with Kpro?

I'm really appreciate for eveyone help me out!!!

It is a waste of time...lets leave it at that. I promise. You can't use the power you get from it.

Jeri Lee is hot!! supercivician's Avatar
    sell the a3 and the a2 head and get a k24a1 to go with the sc

Welcome to EPhatch, and the search feature will garner you alot of info on this, it has been done before.

The A2 head on a A3 block is a waste if you plan on staying NA, but with boost it is a viable/workable combination. But you will need Kpro for it to run.

The A2 and A3 head have the same exact combustion chamber size, so adding the A2 head onto a A3 will give you the same exact compression ratio as the stock A3 engine.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH GUYS if there is anything else please updated thankx again
    Last edited by koftaboy; 06-25-2008 at 02:25 AM.

Holy Shit use punctuation! You jersey boys...if all you want is 250whp then just put a greddy kit on the a3 and call it a day. Make sure it is installed by a reputable mechanic and have fun. That is by far the cheapest way to get the power you want.

k20a2 head on a3 block supercharged sounds cool do it.
    When people ask me if my car is turbo, I can finally say yes muthafuxa it is.

mmm...torque :D
    Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Holy Shit use punctuation! You jersey boys...if all you want is 250whp then just put a greddy kit on the a3 and call it a day. Make sure it is installed by a reputable mechanic and have fun. That is by far the cheapest way to get the power you want.
    hey...i take offense to that

i do agree though--if 250 is all you are looking for a turbo kit of some sort should more than do it. however, i also feel that k20a2 head would pair quite well with a k24 block

Quote Originally Posted by lldiesel386ll View Post
    hey...i take offense to that

i do agree though--if 250 is all you are looking for a turbo kit of some sort should more than do it. however, i also feel that k20a2 head would pair quite well with a k24 block
    lol. He did say he would rather not swap. A swap plus boost is hella expensive.

mmm...torque :D
    that is true--i'm just very partial to that route
    however, it is all relative i figure. supercharging a k24 frank would yield the op some nice linear numbers, wouldn't it? i don't think that price wise that should get all too out of hand either...
    Last edited by lldiesel386ll; 06-24-2008 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lldiesel386ll View Post
    that is true--i'm just very partial to that route
    however, it is all relative i figure. supercharging a k24 frank would yield the op some nice linear numbers, wouldn't it? i don't think that price wise that should get all too out of hand either...
    Oh hell yeah that would make awesome power!However these would be average prices for the most part
    1000-k24a1
    800-Kpro
    500-clutch/fly
    600-a2 head
    400-dyno tune
    1600-used jrsc
    2000-labor

7k and that doesn't even include bolt ons. Add in some bolt ons and any other odds and ends and you are sitting just under 10k!!!AGGGHHH!

In would say with the k20a2 head, a jrsc r kit, maybe some low boost cams, and a good exhaust he can get closer to the 250whp mark then most people are giving the a3 bottom end credit for.

Running the bottom end to the blocks limit of 8k will produce some power with an extra psi being pumped in. If he really needs to be pushed over the edge, just put a very small shot of NOS into the intake pipe to super cool the blower. You'll be well over 250, and i would think a small NOS shot for cooling might make it a little more reliable. Just make sure you have k-pro to tune for all of this craziness.

Didn't a 75 shot of nos make like 200whp on the SC k24 over at k20a.org?

i have something close to that setup on my car right now. i have the z1 head on with a mugen headgasket and i just put on my jrsc-r kit 3 weeks ago. right now i am untuned and i love it.

i originally installed the head because of the camshaft pitting that so many people get. so i ofted to get some real vtec. put the head on an got it tune after a couple months and got 172hp to the wheels and that will definately give a smile on your face.
    i wanted to go boost for a long time but one member did the head swap with a greddy kit. so i wanted to do the other route. i got the sc after i got my tax return and now i got to wait for next month to get the smaller pulley and tune. if you are gonna boost the eng than this is not bad. you'll spend a little more but when that vtec opens up the sc will pull real hard.

I don't get why the person who did the A2 head swap couldn't use the power. Can someone explain? I read the whole thread about it back in the day but...still don't get it.

The peak power isn't long enough or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Unknownally View Post
    I don't get why the person who did the A2 head swap couldn't use the power. Can someone explain? I read the whole thread about it back in the day but...still don't get it.

The peak power isn't long enough or something?
    well the a3 block is suspect in 8000+.

plus a head swap is a in depth thing to complete. it can cost anywhere from 500-1000 for the head and another 200-500 for the install. you can find a k20a2 shortblock for around 1500-2500, or you could wait for those crack head deals and peace one together for the same price as the head swap. i say if your doing the work yourself than go for it, if not make sure you know what your getting into.
    When people ask me if my car is turbo, I can finally say yes muthafuxa it is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information