Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknownally View Post
    I don't get why the person who did the A2 head swap couldn't use the power. Can someone explain? I read the whole thread about it back in the day but...still don't get it.

The peak power isn't long enough or something?
    everyone says that since to block doesn't have the high compression it won't produce the power. even if you use a lower compression headgasket it won't equal a stock A2. you need the higher compression and the higher redline to utilize the power. the A3 with the A2 head is a disappointment when staying n/a. but when using boost that fills up the void from not having high compression.

Thanks everyone, now I get it. I should have known.

mmm...torque :D
    Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Oh hell yeah that would make awesome power!However these would be average prices for the most part
    1000-k24a1
    800-Kpro
    500-clutch/fly
    600-a2 head
    400-dyno tune
    1600-used jrsc
    2000-labor

7k and that doesn't even include bolt ons. Add in some bolt ons and any other odds and ends and you are sitting just under 10k!!!AGGGHHH!
    errrr...who in here doesnt do their own labor
    i already assumed the a2 head to be a sunk cost, and i cant say too much about a clutch/fly, as i'm currently using the stock ones with no troubles (again...currently)
    kpro is already assumed in the setup, since the op is already going for an a2 head, so i would take that as another sunk cost.
    that would total to 1000 for the block, 1600 for the jrsc, and 400 for the tune. if you want to add on 500 for the clutch/fly...thats 2500 more for a gob load more hp and torque that would come on in a very linear fashion. i totally agree that that is a hefty sum, but it is also a reasonable number i figure to get that kind of usable power :thumb:
    id wait on the clutch and fly, and when that frys, id get myself an lsd and 6th gear put into the transmission, and youd have quite a formidable drivetrain that would yield some pretty decent gas mileage too

Quote Originally Posted by LaoKidd2k View Post
    everyone says that since to block doesn't have the high compression it won't produce the power. even if you use a lower compression headgasket it won't equal a stock A2. you need the higher compression and the higher redline to utilize the power. the A3 with the A2 head is a disappointment when staying n/a. but when using boost that fills up the void from not having high compression.
    i actually thought that it was because of our taller gearing, every upshift would put you out of that ideal powerband? someone please correct me if i am wrong. there was stuff about this before the crash, but that may have been lost since then

hey, my friend has a 99 Acura LS. He just got new headers and he's haveing a problem with the oxygen sensor its turning on the engine light on is there a way to bypass it or fix that problem???

thankx guys

Quote Originally Posted by lldiesel386ll View Post
    i actually thought that it was because of our taller gearing, every upshift would put you out of that ideal powerband? someone please correct me if i am wrong. there was stuff about this before the crash, but that may have been lost since then
    Precisely! The a2 head doesn't make good power till higher in the rpm band so when you start making the power it is time to shift...:mfrown
    Quote Originally Posted by lldiesel386ll View Post
    errrr...who in here doesnt do their own labor
    i already assumed the a2 head to be a sunk cost, and i cant say too much about a clutch/fly, as i'm currently using the stock ones with no troubles (again...currently)
    kpro is already assumed in the setup, since the op is already going for an a2 head, so i would take that as another sunk cost.
    that would total to 1000 for the block, 1600 for the jrsc, and 400 for the tune. if you want to add on 500 for the clutch/fly...thats 2500 more for a gob load more hp and torque that would come on in a very linear fashion. i totally agree that that is a hefty sum, but it is also a reasonable number i figure to get that kind of usable power :thumb:
    id wait on the clutch and fly, and when that frys, id get myself an lsd and 6th gear put into the transmission, and youd have quite a formidable drivetrain that would yield some pretty decent gas mileage too
    Not to hate on the OP but I don't think he realizes any sunk costs associated with the a2 head swap. Maybe after a couple months he would catch on but I think he is in the dark at this point.:

Quote Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
    well the a3 block is suspect in 8000+.

plus a head swap is a in depth thing to complete. it can cost anywhere from 500-1000 for the head and another 200-500 for the install. you can find a k20a2 shortblock for around 1500-2500, or you could wait for those crack head deals and peace one together for the same price as the head swap. i say if your doing the work yourself than go for it, if not make sure you know what your getting into.
    I wanna know where you can get a head swapped for that cheap. Most shops are gonna run about 800.

all data shows 8.8 hours to replace a head gasket. which includes cleaning up the head and block. ext.

and almost 13 hours to replace a head because they include the machine work to grind valves, and do new seals.

our shop does $70.00 an hour
    so 8.8 x 70 = 616 + shop supplies $40.00. your looking at around 700. In michigan we don't tax services either.

Don't forget the head decking and head gasket costs.

what would be the best head swap for my A3 block with some mods if i dont wana go for a full swap. look guys am realy sorry i ask to muc h questions in the same matter but am new in this stuff so please just help me if you can thankx alooooot

I wanna know where you can get a head swapped for that cheap. Most shops are gonna run about 800.
    clubrsx backyard mechanic.
    When people ask me if my car is turbo, I can finally say yes muthafuxa it is.

Quote Originally Posted by koftaboy View Post
    what would be the best head swap for my A3 block with some mods if i dont wana go for a full swap. look guys am realy sorry i ask to muc h questions in the same matter but am new in this stuff so please just help me if you can thankx alooooot
    Its not that you ask to many questions thats what a forum is all about. It's just that this information is out there, on this site, on other honda sites, it's all over the internet and pretty easy to find. Unless you can do most of the work yourself a head swap of any kind won't be worth it. If your looking for power you have to get k-pro. thats $1000.00 from there you can get a used supercharger for around $1600 then get it tuned for 500. So your still looking at over 2 grand. just to make a little over 200whp. To get to high you'll need a good head $500-800, a good cat-back $500, intake $200, and more then likely a clutch/flywheel $500. your up to 4k.

So do some research, find out if its the road you want to take.

Quote Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
    clubrsx backyard mechanic.
    I am a clubrsx backyard mechanic.lol.I do a good portion of the crsx work in DFW.

I am a clubrsx backyard mechanic.lol.I do a good portion of the crsx work in DFW.
    backyard mechanics ftw!

thank you sooooo much Deadphishy for your help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information