Close

Thread: Help!!

ephatch member

Angry Help!!

I have a black Si - and lemme tell you, its a F*ckin B*tch to clean. Anyway, I've been tryin to get rid of all these watermarks, is there something I can use that'll make my life easier? Also, do you guys have any tips on cleaning black cars and watermarks? Does wax get rid of all that Sh*t? Thanks.

ssvr6
    It helps. You have to be on top of the car care every day or so depending on where you live.

It's really tough.

Steve

Still Around...
    watermarks? as in the dirt residue after a waterdrop dries? Do you have a California CarDuster? That usually does the trick. And Meguires QuikDetailer.

YEA dooooode black cars are a bitch to clean cuz MY BRO HAS A BLACK 02 COUPE AND im just watching him trin to get rid of the water spots FUNNNNY ISH....i was gonna get a black SI until I THOUGHT OF HIM SO I got the usual SILVER........CLEANING BLACK CARS IS A BITCH >>>I KNO FROM X-PERIENCE

ephatch member
    Wash it in the shade. I had an 82 Jaguar XJ-S, it was black. I had to wash it almost everyday. Get some zaino, or klasse. Use a car specific soap everytime. Dish soap takes off wax. It's black it's beautiful and it's a bitch.

Use the quik detailer after the car dries. Or after you've dried it. Works very well.

matrix
    Black cars are very hard to keep clean, but when they are clean...look out, they look awesome :).

On my black S2000 I do the following:

1 - Wash
    2 - Wipe with a Caliwiper blade
    3 - Blow all the remaining water off with a leafblower (yes, my neighbours think I am nuts, but this does a great job and blows all the water out of all the spots you can't get to...try it ;))
    4 - Zaino Z6 (quick detailer)

If you already have water spots that do not come out with a regular wash, try 3M swirl remover for DARK cars. You will need to rewax after.

Here is a shot of my S2000, you decide if I am doing it right :).

Yeah,
    They are a bitch to keep clean!

Use jaydub's multi-step wax process:
    1) Clay Bar
    2) 3M Swirl Mark Remover (for dark cars) - this will help your swirl marks or water spots IMMENSELY
    3) Klasse All-In-One
    4) Klasse Sealer Glaze
    5) Blitz One Grand Carnuba

I just did this process last week and it turned out awesome! Also, use Eagle Wet or other quick detailer products after washing your car every time. I will be washing my (damn) black EP tomorrow! Provided I don't have a huge hang-over!!! ;)

BTW, matrix with 3 Hondas is the real HondaMan!

ephatch member
    wash it in the shade and in the cooler part of the day. you'll have water marks galore if u wash your car in the sun. also keep it waxed regularly

that S2000 is sexy:D more pics?

matrix
    Originally posted by Suk02Si
    that S2000 is sexy:D more pics?
    Thanks, here are a couple of my favorite pics...

Thread Information