Close

Thread: windows fogging

windows fogging

no matter what i do my windows fog up at night, i turn on the defroster and it only clears about half of the wind shield. is there a reason why its doing this ? is there anything i can buy to prevent this ?

Quote Originally Posted by rspjean View Post
    no matter what i do my windows fog up at night, i turn on the defroster and it only clears about half of the wind shield. is there a reason why its doing this ? is there anything i can buy to prevent this ?
    Are you pushing the rear window button along with the 2 other buttons beside it?

Quote Originally Posted by rspjean View Post

AC on? you clean your carpets? Sometimes the dirt in the carpets can cause extra humidity. Inside the car or out? Change your cabin filter?

w00t for redheads! NitroBoarder's Avatar

it's like $2.95 at my local auto store. coupled with regular rain-x, you barely have to use your wipers or defrost when it's raining. it is so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroBoarder View Post

it's like $2.95 at my local auto store. coupled with regular rain-x, you barely have to use your wipers or defrost when it's raining. it is so nice.

i'm using that too.. cuz when my window fog up it ain't good. i have no AC

another vote for the rainx stuff!

How are you cleaning your windows? Sometimes residue from some cleaners (or even paper towels) can make the windows fog up more.

ephatch member
    let the air from the outside go inside of the car,

not sure what that button is called (air recirculation). button left of the a/c, light should be off. having the light on for a long period of time. Car fogs if there's a huge difference between the inside and the outside temp.

Rain X window cleaner works wonders in preventting windows from fogging up alot. I would also try to find if your car is leaking water somewhere because if the fogging is excessive, you might be getting moisture buildup somewhere inside the cabin.

Thread Information