Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks a lot guys. Reason i didn't do a z3 pump was cost. I couldn't afford a new pump and a new oil pan. still looking at clutchs, havn't decided. I have a lot of little things i have to buy first. headgasket, seals, timing chain.....

R U going to boost this? if so why not get the block sleeved? looking great though! keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by crhatch02 View Post
    lookin good...what paint did you use on the water pump and timing chain cover?

Just basic engine enamel from duplicolor

Quote Originally Posted by Jpax View Post
    R U going to boost this? if so why not get the block sleeved? looking great though! keep up the good work.

No boost. compression will be around 11.7/1 with the coated 11.5/1 cp pistons and the cleaned up block and head. All motor, maybe a little NOS.

i'd like to see a ferrea valve train in this bish with a z3 or a1 pump revving to a million and one.
    I saw a really nasty picture of an a1 block that had been mated to a a2 head. The sleeve in cylinder 1 was completely crumbled, looked like the car blew chunks.
    guy said he revved it to 8k, so that kinda scares me.

looks good!!

Quote Originally Posted by v1c10us View Post
    i'd like to see a ferrea valve train in this bish with a z3 or a1 pump revving to a million and one.
    I saw a really nasty picture of an a1 block that had been mated to a a2 head. The sleeve in cylinder 1 was completely crumbled, looked like the car blew chunks.
    guy said he revved it to 8k, so that kinda scares me.
    something had to have failed in that motor, or he must have down shifted to fast. I'm pretty sure the sleeves dont mind 8k. unless it's not properly cooled.
    There is always something else to the story that they don't tell you. Such as he held the motor at 8k for to long of a time. or it wasn't tuned good and leaned out so much when he lifted off the gas, that it detonated.

8k will be the limit, for this beast. Its a good motor, but no need to push it harder then i should. more then likely it will never see above 7.6k.

I would love to see some numbers on this simple setup

dyno number arnt my main goal with the motor. using the tsx head and a 25 deg limited tsx VTC gear, with the type s cams and springs wont yeild a lot of high end hp. my exhuast is going to be a major restriction up top as well.
    with that said, the motor will respond to mods like crazy. better exhaust, cams, ported head....and were talking closer to 300 whp......

i would be happy with 220.
    Last edited by Deadphishy; 06-20-2008 at 02:05 PM.

So i'm about to do another round of buying stuff. Let me know what you guess think

K24a2 timing chain (Its more money then the k24a1 dunno why?..)

k24a2 chain tensioner (running stock cams, no need for a modded one)

Cometic .030 mls 87mm head gasket for about $75.00

ARP head studs for about $125.00

Already got the seals for the water pump and chain case coming from majestic.

I'm still thinking about running a TSX 6th gear, but i have yet to find out everything that is required to drop it into the 5 speeds case.

I have the injectors. They are the 270s that came with the k24a1 and i will be modding doing the screen grinding mod to get them close to 500s

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadphishy View Post
    I have the injectors. They are the 270s that came with the k24a1 and i will be modding doing the screen grinding mod to get them close to 500s
    can you explain how the screen grinding mod is performed??

Modded some 270 injectors today. First time i tried taking off the cover i cracked it. But then i started using a 9mm wrench to wiggle them off. Good thing i had some extra 310 injectors to steal a cover from.

I'll be claying the motor hopefully today or tomorrow!
    should have tons of room but i just want to make sure.

ephatch member
    could you give a rough estimate of what this would cost to duplicate this exact setup. Just curious. Looks like an awesome build.

mmm...torque :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadphishy View Post
    I'm still thinking about running a TSX 6th gear, but i have yet to find out everything that is required to drop it into the 5 speeds case.
    24240-PNS-000 PIECE, REVERSE SHIFT 1
    24430-PNS-000 INTERLOCK 1
    24201-RAS-000 FORK, FIFTH-SIXTH GEARSHIFT 1
    23590-RAS-A00 GEAR, MAINSHAFT SIXTH 1
    91103-RAS-003 BEARING, NEEDLE (35X41X24) 1
    23916-PNS-000 COLLAR, DISTANCE (28X35X24) 1
    90011-PPP-000 BOLT, SPECIAL (20X25) 1
    23491-RAS-000 GEAR, COUNTERSHAFT SIXTH 1
    there you go--all the necessary parts for the tsx 6th into our transmissions :thumb:
    i posted that sometime ago with only 350 miles on the clock with the new setup. since then i did a little drive from central jersey down to miami, taking the scenic route back up--went up to greenville sc, then out to us 129 to do some dragon slaying, then back up 95 home. logged about 3000 miles there. no issues whatsoever

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information