Close

Maintnence light!!

My maintnence light just came on, it flashes ten times and then goes away. What does that mean?? Any info on this would be great. I dont know what other i can give you that would make it easier for anyone to tell me the problem, any questions please let me know.

Gotta use that search button. However i'll help you out this time. It's nothing to worry about, just a way for customers to hand over more cash to the dealerships. Here's how to turn it off:

1. Insert Key
    2. Push Trip Button (Located on the right side of odometer on gauge cluster) *HOLD*
    3. Turn Ignition On (Don't have to turn the car on, just the ignition.)
    4. Keep holding trip button on gauge cluster for 10 seconds or until light is off.

That's it!

So it really doesnt mean anything right?? ohh and i did try the search button, all that cam up was a post about how to turn it off, not wat it meant, cuz somewhere i read about how many time the light blinks means wats wrong with it or sumthing of the sort, maybe it was a different light but id rather ask here and find out im an idiot than just ignore it and have the car break down on me. thats for the info man, i greatly appreciate it.

Nope like i said it's a way to rip you off! It's set off by set mileage i believe at 10,000 miles it blinks and 15,000 it stays on solid. It's only for uninformed customers to think that something is wrong, then they'll go into the dealership to get ripped off for "Routine Maintenance and Service Check". Most dealerships will tell you that stuff is wrong in hopes you'll pay for their overpriced parts and labor costs!

HAHA mutha F***ers. thats y i consider them stealerships and not dealers. Dude u hav no idea how much i appreciate this. Its good to know that another thing with my car isnt wrong, so far its been one problem after another with my car, this is my first car and im trying to learn as much as possible about it.

Any other questions hit me up either on AIM or PM me here!

dang man
    i was gonna start askn about that, cause mine started doin that shiet just yesterday
    thats fucked up,

HAHA anyone up fer a nice laugh?? Guess wat?? there actually is a problem with my car!!......oil leak, most likely a blown head gasket, hopefully i havent been running my engine fer too long with out oil, and im praying to god that its only a blown head gasket.

is your car stock

well if you pay someone to change your oil then there is your problem right there.... i am a lube tech and ill tell you from experience working at a dealership... people dont give a fuck... and the quick service places are even worse... so i hope you change your oil yourself cuz there is really nothin you can do to get it done cheaper if you usually go somewhere to get it done...

No never paid anyone to change the oil, all i have on my car so far is a Greddy exhaust and a GruppM intake. im so pissed, gunna be hard fer me to get to work now.

Thread Information