Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

cutting springs....

hey quys i just wanted to share with you guys that i lowered my car today. It's hella low. IMO. There is about 3/4 of an inch between my tire and fender. It looks really nice. It makes the car look longer. And i actually feel more confortable driving it that before. I cut the springs to lower it. The ride seems to better just when i hit bumps it really hurts. I can feel it more. The car doesn't rub. I'll post pictures soon. Is there anything wrong with cutting springs? Well thats all for now. Letting you guys know.

o man

Originally posted by 2k2civicSi
    o man

ephatch member
    ......................... what have you done :o

ephatch member
    may god have mercy on your struts:angel:

Not that fast......yet! 2fastcivic's Avatar
    why did you hurt your ep like that?

some one sell this poor kid some stock springs so he can start over

Re: cutting springs....

Originally posted by norcalSI
    hey quys i just wanted to share with you guys that i lowered my car today. It's hella low. IMO. There is about 3/4 of an inch between my tire and fender. It looks really nice. It makes the car look longer. And i actually feel more confortable driving it that before. I cut the springs to lower it. The ride seems to better just when i hit bumps it really hurts. I can feel it more. The car doesn't rub. I'll post pictures soon. Is there anything wrong with cutting springs? Well thats all for now. Letting you guys know.
    I take it your a troll (meaning your hear just to make fun of ep hatch), or you really are for real, and did cut your springs.
    That's the worse thing you can do to you car.

everytime you cut your springs an angel loses their wings :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

LOL --just buy some Lowering springs bud, their not pricey!!! -- Joe.

ephatch member
    Seriously, you better be careful about your front end.

Basically, you have just eliminated your springs completely. You are just riding on your struts. I expect your tranny, your axles and probably oil pan all to be gone within a years time, if it even lasts that long. One dip and your front end will smash into the ground .

You may look now, but you will be:'( very shortly

BTW, they have clubs for people like you, its called the Mickey Mouse Club ;)

All in fun, dont take my jokes offensively, just trying to help you out. Learn from others mistakes on this one. You save a few bux here, you end up paying way more for it in the end.

man i feel like a real idiot now. I didn't know that it is bad to cut springs... I mean i know a lot of people who have do it and their cars seem to be fine. Now that i know what i did was stupid do you guys think my car will be okay until january? Just wondering because that is probally be the time when i can afford some coilovers. You know with all the holidays coming i'm kind of short on money. Please do you guys think i'll be okay until then? :'(

ephatch member
    50/50

You might be okay, just don't drive fast and dodge every dip in the road. Does your car hop around like a drunk clown at normal speeds?

i think u'll for sure be fine til january. i had a friend that cut his springs and lasted him over a yr. just really bouncy.

nope my car runs fine during normal speeds...it just bounces around if there are too many bumps....why do you guys say my tranny will get messed up? thanks for your guys help....hope my car lasts till jan...thanks for everything guys....sorry for being dumba$$...recommend any good coilover springs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information