Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 speed tranny?

6 speed tranny?

my question is that i have a type s tranny and i know that if i leave my stock ecu with kpro i know i wont have the reverse lockout. but if i was to get a dc5 ecu do i also need to get the engine wire harness? or is there a way you can just run wires directly to ecu?

Quote Originally Posted by freddy914 View Post
    my question is that i have a type s tranny and i know that if i leave my stock ecu with kpro i know i wont have the reverse lockout. but if i was to get a dc5 ecu do i also need to get the engine wire harness? or is there a way you can just run wires directly to ecu?
    bump

i dont get what your saying dc5 ecu will bolt right up to ep harness. the dimensions of ecu are exactly the same.

ohh after reading it again all you have to do is buy a dc5-s ecu kpro it and install it and bam you have reverse lockout.
    When people ask me if my car is turbo, I can finally say yes muthafuxa it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
    i dont get what your saying dc5 ecu will bolt right up to ep harness. the dimensions of ecu are exactly the same.

ohh after reading it again all you have to do is buy a dc5-s ecu kpro it and install it and bam you have reverse lockout.
    i know i have to get the dc5-s ecu kpro.. but on the type s tranny i noticed an extra clip for the wire harness and the a3 tranny doesn't have it..

Quote Originally Posted by freddy914 View Post
    i know i have to get the dc5-s ecu kpro.. but on the type s tranny i noticed an extra clip for the wire harness and the a3 tranny doesn't have it..
    is it a z1 tranny.

is it a z1 tranny.
    no its k20a2 tranny

ohh sorry cant help someone will help you though.

ohh sorry cant help someone will help you though.
    thanx i appreciate help..

bump need some help?

not to thread jack or anything, but would an a2 6speed tranny work on an a3 motor?

Quote Originally Posted by jdtim View Post
    not to thread jack or anything, but would an a2 6speed tranny work on an a3 motor?
    it would but you would have to change the flywheel..

mmm...torque :D
    long story short

lockout wont work unless you have an a2 ecu--so you are right in that respect. however you need the type s engine harness to have a connector to the ecu. if you dont have an a2 under your hood, kpro is a necessity.

i have a 5 converted to 6 transmission, and i dont see the necessity of the lockout. i see the convenience, but reverse is so wicked far that if you did go there from 5th without noticing (or anywhere else for that matter), you kinda have it coming :thumb:

you also dont need to change the flywheel. the a3 clutch pressure plate and flywheel are all reusable unless you plan on switching to a new a2 clutch. if thats the case then you need an a2 specific flywheel--that has been covered before

Quote Originally Posted by lldiesel386ll View Post
    long story short

lockout wont work unless you have an a2 ecu--so you are right in that respect. however you need the type s engine harness to have a connector to the ecu. if you dont have an a2 under your hood, kpro is a necessity.

i have a 5 converted to 6 transmission, and i dont see the necessity of the lockout. i see the convenience, but reverse is so wicked far that if you did go there from 5th without noticing (or anywhere else for that matter), you kinda have it coming :thumb:

you also dont need to change the flywheel. the a3 clutch pressure plate and flywheel are all reusable unless you plan on switching to a new a2 clutch. if thats the case then you need an a2 specific flywheel--that has been covered before
    I second that. Currently running the 6-speed and it's impossible to switch into reverse from 6th unless you were trying to do it intentionally.

Anything could be done but you would have to be trying REALLY hard to make a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by lldiesel386ll View Post
    long story short

i have k24 frankenstien that im building so that means i would need the a2 harness or can i just use my stock harness with kpro and call it a day.. and hope for the best that i dont put in reverse while goin to 6th

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information