Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone Running the JRSC-R w/ Reflash?

if so, how does your car hold up? any problems? thinking of going with the race kit but don't want to bother with kpro. thanks in advance!

For some reason I never get a straight answer when I ask this, so I guess it's not a popular setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    For some reason I never get a straight answer when I ask this, so I guess it's not a popular setup.
    :sad:

Ill be straight with you. Looking at the cars you have I really don't think you have a problem with money so don't be cheap ass. Just buy kpro.

I ran the jrsc-r but i had kpro with the base map and it ran like crap vs. tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch797 View Post
    Ill be straight with you. Looking at the cars you have I really don't think you have a problem with money so don't be cheap ass. Just buy kpro.

I ran the jrsc-r but i had kpro with the base map and it ran like crap vs. tuned.
    i don't trust the tuners down here so that's why i don't wanna deal with kpro. money isn't the issue lol.

if you buy kpro the cal is on there you can just load the same reflash there going to give it anyway, and they you have all the features of kpro at your disposal.

I ran the JRSC-R with reflash for over a year. It is designed for you to be able to run your car like that forever. The reflash is a very conserative tune that will work with most I/H/E setups paired with your JRSC and 440cc injectors. If you want to squeeze every bit of extra HP out of the setup, then Kpro is must. You are 100% fine with just running the reflash though. Also, as mentioned, the reflash that comes with the kit is the same map that is provided with Kpro.

Like i said, I ran and base map with the race kit and it felt good but, I had a problem with knocks and part throttle. I did some street tuning and just that made a hell of a diffrence.

i ran the base map on the JRSC-R for a couple months. other than the CEL poppin up after awhile for running rich, it ran just fine. I did gain 30hp with a dynotune though and the car runs alot smoother

no competent tuners in hawaii?

May wind Oct. rain
    I also ran the JRSC-R in 2005 w/ just a reflash. Than I went with a smaller pulley and had to upgrade to a PRB KPro. I put out 220whp and was not satisfied. I sold the kit w/ only 2 months of ownership LOL.

@ Teambeechstreet: what was your i/h/e setup when you got the CEL for running rich off the base tune? Do you know what your a/f ratio at the time was?

@ Jerseyjew & Windchaser: When you two were running the actual reflash, did either of you get rich CELs?

@ Teambeechstreet: what was your i/h/e setup when you got the CEL for running rich off the base tune? Do you know what your a/f ratio at the time was?
    setup was Aem V2, Megan 4-1 shorty header, OEM cat, and Comptech Catback. No idea what the A/F ratio was

I've been running with the reflash for over two years and 50,000 miles now, only issue was like others running a little rich.......killed the cat and primary o2sensor...since changed sensor and went with a test pipe.....I was going to go kpro but my son decided that he wanted to do a semester in London..so money got a little tight and I need to make the payment on the s2k

@ Jerseyjew & Windchaser: When you two were running the actual reflash, did either of you get rich CELs?
    I only got the CEL for running rich once, if I recall correctly. The reflash is designed to run rich so it is on the safe side of things. If you add a RH to the setup it helps use some of that extra fuel to make more power.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information