Mel's DIY recovered from pre-crash ephatch.
Pics will be relinked soon.

First off thanks to 2 good friends for hooking me up :mgriggn:.
(and to jimmyjames for saving the DIY)

The following are basic instructions to swap UKDM tails into an 02-03 SI. I'm sure it's similar in 04-05 models but I have yet to see the back of their tail lights.

Parts needed:
2 - UKDM tails
2 - UKDM bulb sockets (for the amber blinker)
2 - UKDM male harness adaptors with inserts
2 - Orange bulbs
2 - Tail light gaskets (old ones can be used again if necessary)

Tools needed:
8 mm socket
10 mm socket
small ratchet
8 mm box wrench (ratcheting if you have one! It makes it 10x easier)
2 flathead screwdrivers
1 phillips screwdriver
1 floor jack (makes it easier)
1 tack/needle
1 pair of pliers
1 blanket (optional)
1 can of PB Blaster (optional)

Before (My OEM tails were tinted):

To reduce the chance of scratches, start off with a clean bumper (I didn't feel like washing mine at the moment ). Let's start off on the passengers side. Jack up the car on the passenger side rear tire jack point. Remove the 8mm/phillips head screw holding the bumper. It's up in the wheel well:

Next is the other inner phillips screw as shown below:

After removing both screws, repeat on the opposite side. Keep the jack under after completing the second side. It's give you a tad more room for the next step. Get under the rear bumper and you'll see 2 clips that will resemble the following:

Take 2 screw drivers and slowly pry under the 2 slots on the clip. If you slowly rock the heads of both screwdrivers back and forth you can remove the clips without breaking them. If they're corroded or covered in grime just spray them with some PB Blaster. It will loosen the dirt and make them 10 times easier to remove. Be careful as the heads crack off easily.

Proceed to open the hatch. Remove the 2 silver covers with a flathead as shown below. They have a small slot for the head to fit in ( ):

Removing the cover:

Cover gone:

Grab your ratchet and 10mm socket. Remove both bolts (1 under each cover):

The bumper is now ready to come off. Lay the blanket on the ground below the bumper. It will keep you from scratching/scuffing it up. Start on one corner (drivers side in this case) and firmly pull out as shown below:

Once it pops off one side it comes off in a hurry so take your time and be careful. It's clipped in under the tails and at the corners (press fit). Slowly pull it backward and over to the opposing side. It should come off with ease. If it gets hung up on the opposing wheel well just push it that way. Grasp the bulb socket and spin counter clockwise to remove it. Repeat on the other side.

Put the bumper in a safe place where it won't fall over or get damaged. Keep it on the blanket. On to the tail lights...

There are 2 10 mm nuts under each tail light that will need to be removed. It's easier if you just do one side at a time. Remove the 2 nuts from the metal bracket as shown below:

Look inside the hatch and remove the plastic panel behind the tail light. It's easiest to use a flathead screwdriver to do so. Just be careful so that you don't cause any scrapes in the plastic:

In this pic the cover is off and the 3 gold colored nuts are visible. They will all need to be removed. Ignore my wiring as it had been modified in the past. Your scheme will look different as far as bulb placement is concerned.

I used a ratcheting box wrench to make things 10x easier. Otherwise, you'll only be able to fit a small ratchet on one of them. The 2 inner ones are far to tight and would require a box wrench if nothing else is available. Loosen them and only remove them with your fingers. Otherwise, you'll drop one.

8 mm wrench on the top one (Biggest PIA):

8 mm socket on the innermost one:

8 mm wrench on the outermost one: