Close

Banned

ceramic brake pads

So are ceramic brake pads supposed to last longer since they are more expensive, or do they have better stopping power? Sorry if this kind of a noob question, I'm not much of a brake guru. Thanks in advance.

ephatch member
    ceramic pads generally last longer but do not perform as well as metallic based pads.

Looks like you are doing some track days in your avatar. I would recommend looking at the Hawk HP Plus if you are serious at tracking or the HPS if you want more of a street pad that is a little bit of an upgrade over the stockers. The HP Plus will noticeably dust a lot.

main benefits of ceramic pads are heat resistence, quiet, and the dust is less noticeable. usually, they dont have more bite then a semi-metallic pad.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jw1 View Post
    Looks like you are doing some track days in your avatar. I would recommend looking at the Hawk HP Plus if you are serious at tracking or the HPS if you want more of a street pad that is a little bit of an upgrade over the stockers. The HP Plus will noticeably dust a lot.
    Ha, ha. I wish that was my car in the avatar, hopefully one day it'll look just like that. I actually use my car pretty much as a commuter car for now just to get to work and back. I was just seeing if the ceramic pads lasted longer than semi-metallic or organic pads to lengthen my brake pad change intervals.

I would personally not go with what brakes last longer but with which ones stop sooner, and create less brake dust. Brake dust can ruin your wheels and just look ugly. And if you change your own brakes it takes like 1 hour tops and its super easy. Plus you'll save a fortune doing it yourself everytime

Thread Information