Close

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Hello

I have bought EP3, now going on three weeks, and well it's very "Riced" up & beat down.

I would like to start a thread were I can document my Project-- Although the start date was pretty clear ( The day I purchased my EP3), there is no end date in sight.

I purchased to save money on gas, and as a project car on weekends, so I am in not hurry to finish, and I don't have a money tree growing in my backyard.

As you can tell by the title, I don't like a Riced up car, so I thought I would start this thread with a little humor.

Definition of RICER, as found in the Urban Dictionary
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ricer

"ricer

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder ( CHECK)
    - Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747 ( Thank god the EP3 comes with a factory spoiler)
    - Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool ( YEAH, I don't see any stickers... unless they were removed before I purchased the car)
    - Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself ( Don't know the brand, but 18 inch rims.. a little too much for a ep3 in my opinion)
    - Bodykit to make the car appear lower( CHECK), usually accented with chicken wire( CHECK)
    - Clear tail lights and corner signals ( I don't mind this)
    - A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine) ( CHECK)
    - Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics( CHECK), Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
    Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers."

and a few things that are not on the list:
    -Remove spare tire (CHECK)
    -Remove Jack and tools( CHECK)
    -Remove Radiator Reservoir and place under passenger seat( CHECK)
    -Remove floor mats ( CHECK)
    -Mess up factory OEM Lights on an botched black out mod attempt ( CHECK)
    -Straight through exhaust with no flanges holding it in place.( CHECK)
    -Cut speaker wire, instead of removing it ( CHECK)
    -Dispose of Intake manifold cover ( CHECK)
    -Remove tail light nuts and not replace ( CHECK)
    -Strip out Rear strut nut to make it impossible to go back to stock springs without a significant investment ( CHECK)
    -Attach front bumper by slipping in screws in the OEM holes, without threading them in ( CHECK)
    -Slam the car to the ground, with SKunk2 rims, but don't invest in a camber kit ( CHECK)
    -Dispose of Rear trunk mat and support ( CHECK)
    -Fix scratches with Auto zone brand paint i( CHECK)

I am sure I will remember more, or find more items as I work my way along in the project, but I think this is a good start.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/gargola2000/DSC05376.jpg
    Last edited by oldschoolimport; 06-27-2008 at 05:44 AM. Reason: serial posts FTL

thats got to be the worst, most unfunny definition of a ricer I've ever read. Whoever wrote that should stop worrying about ricers and start worrying about spelling, grammar and punctuation.
    Ed~

ephatch member
    Do what you want to your car that ricer definition is fucking retarded.

Goodluck.

Quote Originally Posted by oneglory View Post
    thats got to be the worst, most unfunny definition of a ricer I've ever read. Whoever wrote that should stop worrying about ricers and start worrying about spelling, grammar and punctuation.

I think it's funny because it describes my car pretty well, it needs to be taken for what it is, somebody's opinion, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakep3 View Post
    Do what you want to your car that ricer definition is fucking retarded.

Goodluck.
    Thanks, I don't now, what is a Ricer, it's not even a real word, it means what ever you want it to mean...

BTW, I not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, I just trying to have a little fun with it, but I don't want it to be at anyone's expense.
    Last edited by oldschoolimport; 06-27-2008 at 05:45 AM. Reason: serial posts FTL

LOL obviously a couple of sore ricers. No big deal - to each their own. I feel sorry for your EP though man. Glad it's in good hands now! Those rims look pretty nice I think - maybe when it's back closer to stock ride height they won't look bad?

Last edited by oldschoolimport; 06-27-2008 at 05:45 AM. Reason: serial posts FTL

Ditch the rear bumper and fit an oem one on and i think you would have a good looking car. I like the Buddy Club kit. The wheels look great.
    Last edited by clutch797; 06-25-2008 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch797 View Post
    Ditch the rear bumper and fit an oem one on and i think you would have a good looking car. I like the Buddy Club kit. The wheels look great.

The wheels are the only add on that I like that isn't OEM, but they are 18 inch wheels with extended studs in order to accommodate the offset.

I bought some Stock Springs off craigslist, and some struts off another EP3er from the classified section.

Hopefully I can get it back to stock height and be able to keep my tires from rubbing.

I see a bump on the highway, and I cringe...:noidea:

just me and my ep.. justifiedSi's Avatar
    expensive 18s and a body kit, damn im a ricer for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Riv Civ View Post
    LOL obviously a couple of sore ricers. No big deal - to each their own. I feel sorry for your EP though man. Glad it's in good hands now! Those rims look pretty nice I think - maybe when it's back closer to stock ride height they won't look bad?
    That is what I am hoping for ( To keep the rims), I tried to install the OEM springs I bought off someone on Craigslist, but I found out that previous owner had stripped the threads on my Rear struts during the SKUNK2 spring install. ( I assume)

So I bought another pair off another EP3er, hopefully I can get them in July 4th weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by justifiedSi View Post
    expensive 18s and a body kit, damn im a ricer for sure
    THE EP3 in your picture has the same front bumper as mine... maybe you know someone local to me who wants to trade their stock black bumpers for mine...

Quote Originally Posted by clutch797 View Post

Oh, you changed your posting as I was replying to you...

I hate the rear bumper, and side skirts. ( I actually removed the side skirts the day after I took those pictures. )

I can live with the front bumper, for now, but I really don''t like it, maybe it will grow on me as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargola View Post
    Oh, you changed your posting as I was replying to you...

I hate the rear bumper, and side skirts. ( I actually removed the side skirts the day after I took those pictures. )

I can live with the front bumper, for now, but I really don''t like it, maybe it will grow on me as time goes on.
    Before

After I cleaned it up and removed the side skirts

Here is a picture after I removed the side skirts ( They used rivets, so there are holes in the side of the car.)
    Last edited by oldschoolimport; 06-27-2008 at 05:46 AM. Reason: serial posts FTL

Have fun throwing money into that hole.

Sideskirts help the EP3 alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Have fun throwing money into that hole.
    Yeah, well I currently own a 06 TL, that I am going to get rid of. I am trading one project for another.

At least I don't have required payments on this "project"

Quote Originally Posted by STP03BlueSI View Post
    Sideskirts help the EP3 alot.
    I got my brother to buy some HPP side skirts, in black, that were being sold on Craigslist near where he lives, but his lazy ass still hasn't shipped them to me.

So yes, I agree, side skirts add a nice touch. Hopefully they will cover up some of the rivet holes left by the removal of the fiberglass side skirts.
    Last edited by oldschoolimport; 06-27-2008 at 05:46 AM. Reason: serial posts FTL

I actually kind of liked the look....too bad it wasn't done cleaner

I agree with you, if you look at the car from a distance, it doesn't look half bad.

You get close, and you start noticing all the corners that were cut in order to accomplish a half ass result.

I do believe the car has hidden potential, it just might cost me an arm and leg to get it there.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information