Close

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Okay, I'm just trying to think of what I would do were I in your shoes.

First off, you bought the car for a reliable inexpensive daily driver + weekend project car. Am I right on that?

If so then this is what I would do in order, but open to debate.

Start off with functional. Get the alignment situation straightened out. I would go ahead and buy a rear camber kit. It can only help later on, and it isn't too expensive. Fix the wiring. This is a cheap do it yourselfer so it should be high on your list. Make it all work and make it all safe. I've got nothing against the clear markers as long as they WORK.

Get it on a decent suspension. Sounds like you have that in hand for a start, going back to stock wouldn't be my first choice, but you can change it to something better if that is what you want to do later.

Get rid of the 18s. This is just my opinion but 18s are just too big for an EP. Sell them and buy some used 17s max, maybe 16s depending on your taste.

The body. I haven't seen a body kit for the EP that I like yet. That is just my personal opinion though. It is purely a matter of taste. One key thing though is that since this is a daily driver for you you need to keep it functional. It its too low then you need to think about something otherwise leave it alone until you have other stuff taken care of.

The exhaust. Get it squared away as soon as possible. I'm sorry but a crappy droning dragging exhaust drives me nuts. Take it to a decent local exhaust shop and have a resonator put on it and get the hangers sorted out. Its cheap and will lessen your frustration.

After that you have to decide what you want to do. Do you want to go performance or looks, or sound system or what? Any of it can be cool just depends on your wants, needs and budget of the moment.

why did you buy the car if you dont like whats been done to it?

that engine bay is almost as dirty as mine...almost lol

Quote Originally Posted by justifiedSi View Post
    expensive 18s and a body kit, damn im a ricer for sure
    if the word spearco wasnt on the front of your car, and you instead had a mesh grill that was bent out of shape, i would say, yes indeed.

just me and my ep.. justifiedSi's Avatar
    thank godz i gotz teh mad tyte jdm turbos

Seeing as how you're in Raleigh, I'm betting this car came from Smithfield or Sanford.

(I'm in Fayetteville.)

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthesiths View Post
    Good question, I was wondering the same thing.

the wheels look decent keep us updatd

Legendary Ephatcher ep3moschini's Avatar
    I cant wait to see how its recovers

1967 Firebird. . . Yeah its alright

Legendary Ephatcher

Q.
    First off, you bought the car for a reliable inexpensive daily driver + weekend project car. Am I right on that?

A.
    Yes you are!

Q.
    If so then this is what I would do in order, but open to debate.

Start off with functional. Get the alignment situation straightened out. I would go ahead and buy a rear camber kit. It can only help later on, and it isn't too expensive. Fix the wiring. This is a cheap do it yourselfer so it should be high on your list. Make it all work and make it all safe. I've got nothing against the clear markers as long as they WORK.

A.
    -I already did the wiring, well at least most of it. I still have the engine start wiring hanging around that I need to ether wire correctly or remove.

Q.
    Get it on a decent suspension. Sounds like you have that in hand for a start, going back to stock wouldn't be my first choice, but you can change it to something better if that is what you want to do later.

A.
    -Suspension is first, and last on my list. That is why I got the Factory struts and springs cheap $130 for the full setup( IE First on my list) and last, because sometime down the road I might invest on a slight upgrade to my suspension, but their are more important things to address right now.

Q.
    Get rid of the 18s. This is just my opinion but 18s are just too big for an EP. Sell them and buy some used 17s max, maybe 16s depending on your taste.

A.
    -Getting rid of the 18's is also on the tail end of the list, it depends if the OEM springs and Struts fix my rubbing issue.

-Long term, I would like to get some lighter and smaller rims, 17 most likely, it seems to be the sweet spot from the pictures I have seen.

Q.
    The body. I haven't seen a body kit for the EP that I like yet. That is just my personal opinion though. It is purely a matter of taste. One key thing though is that since this is a daily driver for you you need to keep it functional. It its too low then you need to think about something otherwise leave it alone until you have other stuff taken care of.

A.
    -Yep, agreed. I hope I can meet a local person who has a black car and would like to trade my body kit for his OEM bumpers. ( This is a college town).

Q.
    The exhaust. Get it squared away as soon as possible. I'm sorry but a crappy droning dragging exhaust drives me nuts. Take it to a decent local exhaust shop and have a resonator put on it and get the hangers sorted out. Its cheap and will lessen your frustration.

A.
    -That is second on my list, after the suspension.
    -I do have a dilemma with this, I took it to a local shop, and they recommend I buy an after market bolt on exhaust due to the terrible job down underneath the car. Currently I am looking at the Nuespeed exhaust, it's the only exhaust I have read about in the forums that supposedly sounds close to stock.

Q.
    After that you have to decide what you want to do. Do you want to go performance or looks, or sound system or what? Any of it can be cool just depends on your wants, needs and budget of the moment.[/QUOTE]

A.
    -After the exhaust and suspension, I am probably going to chip away at the little things the car has, interior trim pierces missing, missing clips etc, then a rear bumper is a priority ( I can't stand to look at it.)
    - I already upgraded my front and rear speakers with Alpine Type S componets up front, and Type r's in the rear. ( Leftover from my previous car.)

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthesiths View Post
    Thats an easy one, I was looking for a cheap project car to replace my $30,000 dollar TL.

$5,900 for a rare high mileage 02 EP3, even if it's riced up, was hard to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by ep3moschini View Post
    I cant wait to see how its recovers
    Nether can I!

Quote Originally Posted by Fico View Post
    that engine bay is almost as dirty as mine...almost lol
    Your engine must be in pretty bad shape...

I am a big fan of keeping the engine clean, that way you can tell if something is not right by just glancing at it.

The engine actually looks pretty good now, minus the missing intake manifold cover.

Quote Originally Posted by VegaS10 View Post
    Seeing as how you're in Raleigh, I'm betting this car came from Smithfield or Sanford.

(I'm in Fayetteville.)

Close, a town called Fuquay-Varina, NC,

hmm... I wonder how you guessed.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmd View Post
    the wheels look decent keep us updatd
    I forgot to add that the wheels at one time were painted black( you can tell when you get close)...as long as I create a perimeter around the car of at least 15 feet, the car looks decent.
    Last edited by oldschoolimport; 06-27-2008 at 05:41 AM. Reason: serial posts FTL

aww man poor thing. thats EP abuse

Quote Originally Posted by Gargola View Post
    Thats an easy one, I was looking for a cheap project car to replace my $30,000 dollar TL.

$5,900 for a rare high mileage 02 EP3, even if it's riced up, was hard to pass up.
    man good pickup. i wish i could find one like that, i'd sell mine and start over with more money to spend

Q.

A.
    -That is second on my list, after the suspension.
    -I do have a dilemma with this, I took it to a local shop, and they recommend I buy an after market bolt on exhaust due to the terrible job down underneath the car. Currently I am looking at the Nuespeed exhaust, it's the only exhaust I have read about in the forums that supposedly sounds close to stock.
    the fujitsubo is a really good exhaust as well
    full catback, the tips look pretty close to stock
    its quiet for daily cruisin, then has a growl when u punch it
    rory s brown on this forum had it (he sold his car), i went for a ride with him; sounds great IMO

http://www.boomplustoys.net/ if you cant find it locally, call these guys

Banned
    Q.
    -Getting rid of the 18's is also on the tail end of the list, it depends if the OEM springs and Struts fix my rubbing issue.

-Long term, I would like to get some lighter and smaller rims, 17 most likely, it seems to be the sweet spot from the pictures I have seen.
    If you are worried about looking rice, you'll be jumping into the rice bowl with 18's and a stock suspension. Imo, I'd at least keep the car lowered and maybe get some decent 16's or 17's to make the car look better and not rub.

The guy actually cut holes in the BC bumper for the lights, we try so hard to get away from those bastards by buying the BC kit or Type R kit, why would you want them back on

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information