Close

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I'm going with the OP on this one, the car looks pretty decent from a distance, but seeing all the crap up close magically turns it to rice.

I'd drop the 18's immediately...all that unsprung weight being slung around on a crap suspension job just can't be a good thing.

Here's a thought...leave all the shitty body components on there, and just build a real car underneath...like some sort of crazy ricer sleeper. Everyone thinks you're driving some riced-out POS until the thing takes off, and then WTF?! :biggrin:

Interested to see how this turns out!
    Last edited by BeaterEP; 06-26-2008 at 06:37 AM. Reason: SPELLING IS GUD

Quote Originally Posted by Danman281 View Post
    aww man poor thing. thats EP abuse
    You have no idea... more pics to come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sir03 View Post
    the fujitsubo is a really good exhaust as well
    full catback, the tips look pretty close to stock
    its quiet for daily cruisin, then has a growl when u punch it
    rory s brown on this forum had it (he sold his car), i went for a ride with him; sounds great IMO

http://www.boomplustoys.net/ if you cant find it locally, call these guys

Wow.. $867 for an exhaust...

I would have to listen to it and be damn sure that is the exhaust I want before laying down that kind of money.

Driving around today reminded that I need to get this item checked of my to-do list soon. My ears were hurting, and all I was only cruising around 30-45 miles.

It's ridiculous to be making so much noise at only 3000-4000 RPMS,it makes the car seem slower than it really is.

I find myself taking it out of gear when I see a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by silver hatch View Post
    If you are worried about looking rice, you'll be jumping into the rice bowl with 18's and a stock suspension. Imo, I'd at least keep the car lowered and maybe get some decent 16's or 17's to make the car look better and not rub.

I am not really worried about looking rice, I just don't like the look.

I know I can't "DE-Rice" the car overnight, so I am taking on items that bother me the most first.

For example:
    -Not being able fit my car on a lift because it's too low
    -Bottoming out every time I drive over a slight indention on the road or highway.
    -Speed bumps.... OMG
    -Having my ears hurt after driving the car.

These items worry me more than looking riced up with 18's. Although I do have some hope that they will look halfway decent with OEM Springs and struts.

The suspension is tied in to my exhaust project, there is no way I am going to lay down some serious dough for an exhaust and risk leaving it on a speed bump or raised man hole cover.

Once I get those items checked off the list, I will be more open to what direction I take with this "De-Rice" project.

Quote Originally Posted by dashehonda View Post
    The guy actually cut holes in the BC bumper for the lights, we try so hard to get away from those bastards by buying the BC kit or Type R kit, why would you want them back on
    The holes look actually quite well done, almost as if they came that way from the factory. I need to take another look and maybe a few more pics to confirm.

Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by givemeanswers View Post
    man good pickup. i wish i could find one like that, i'd sell mine and start over with more money to spend
    I am happy with my buy+I know the car has a lot of issues that need to be looked at=GREAT project car
    Last edited by oldschoolimport; 06-27-2008 at 05:42 AM. Reason: serial posts FTL

Get a stock exhaust. It's a cheap, PERFECT fit. 04-05 skirts are cheap. And stock 4 lug 02-03 Si rims are cheap too. Also, some Rota or Drag rims, perhaps some GT3's, are like $400 for a set.

If it were me, getting it back to perfect stock is the FIRST step. Mods should be the second.

Quote Originally Posted by gemini si View Post
    I'm going with the OP on this one, the car looks pretty decent from a distance, but seeing all the crap up close magically turns it to rice.

I'd drop the 18's immediately...all that unsprung weight being slung around on a crap suspension job just can't be a good thing.

Here's a thought...leave all the shitty body components on there, and just build a real car underneath...like some sort of crazy ricer sleeper. Everyone thinks you're driving some riced-out POS until the thing takes off, and then WTF?! :biggrin:

Interested to see how this turns out!
    I don't think I could stomach putting money into a car I can't stand to look at... :sad:

As far as the 18's, the time will come, just don't know how soon.I going to wait until after I remove the Skunk2's springs to make my final decision on where it stands on my priority list.

Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by ReplicaZOMG!! View Post
    Get a stock exhaust. It's a cheap, PERFECT fit. 04-05 skirts are cheap. And stock 4 lug 02-03 Si rims are cheap too. Also, some Rota or Drag rims, perhaps some GT3's, are like $400 for a set.

If it were me, getting it back to perfect stock is the FIRST step. Mods should be the second.
    I looked into getting the OEM exhaust, unfortunately, it cost more than an aftermarket exhaust.

I found a few used ones, but shipping brought them up to the $200-300 range.

Doesn't make money sense, so I will replace the exhaust with a factory look alike:
    -quite
    -"Twin" exit pipes
    and move on from there.

I just haven't found the perfect one that makes me want to pull the trigger.

As far as the rims, see my last post for my take on that.

Roberto
    Last edited by oldschoolimport; 06-27-2008 at 05:42 AM. Reason: serial posts FTL

Quote Originally Posted by Gargola View Post
    I looked into getting the OEM exhaust, unfortunately, it cost more than an aftermarket exhaust.

Roberto
    The Neuspeed exhausts are a good $500. I'd recommend the Apexi Worldsport if you must go aftermarket. Barely louder than stock and about $420 shipped.

If you can just find the OEM muffler section from an 02-05 EP, you can use the RSX-S exhaust manifold and midpipe and all will bolt up fine, be a slight upgrade and still be OEM parts.

You may be able to sell those rims for a couple bucks.

^^works...

i got a type s header for $40 shipped
    type s cat for $100 shipped
    type s midpipe for $90 shipped.
    leaving my stock axle-back. not sure how much for one of those used though.

Quote Originally Posted by jtyler05si View Post
    ^^works...

i got a type s header for $40 shipped
    type s cat for $100 shipped
    type s midpipe for $90 shipped.
    leaving my stock axle-back. not sure how much for one of those used though.
    That is already $230, and doesn't include the Muffler section.

I forgot to add earlier, the car has a header( Don't know what type or brand) and a high flow universal exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by ReplicaZOMG!! View Post
    The Neuspeed exhausts are a good $500. I'd recommend the Apexi Worldsport if you must go aftermarket. Barely louder than stock and about $420 shipped.

If you can just find the OEM muffler section from an 02-05 EP, you can use the RSX-S exhaust manifold and midpipe and all will bolt up fine, be a slight upgrade and still be OEM parts.

You may be able to sell those rims for a couple bucks.
    If I found a nice quiet and twin tipped ( I looked into the Apexi but it's single tip) exhaust, I would invest $500.

I want my money to be well spent and only have to buy something once. ( I made an exception with the suspension components due to the situation, but I don't plan on doing that again.)

It's pathetic, but I was extremely happy when the UPS guy delivered my new SI floor mats from Crown Honda.

$69 and change Shipped.. Great price!!!

Last edited by oldschoolimport; 06-27-2008 at 05:43 AM. Reason: serial posts FTL

I got the Magna-Flow cat-back and a Megan Header, I like the sound

that's a great price for the floormats, the stealership wanted $99 picked up

Quote Originally Posted by givemeanswers View Post
    that's a great price for the floormats, the stealership wanted $99 picked up
    My dealership quoted me the same price,.

I got lucky when I stumbled onto a local Honda forum, and saw they were the sponsors and offered great prices to local buyers, with shipping included.

Well, I decided to post some more pics of additional bone head things that were done to the car. These were taken today.

Notice the screws holding the hazard button in place.

Doesn't that look clean???
    Last edited by oldschoolimport; 06-27-2008 at 05:43 AM. Reason: serial posts FTL

Not Newbie
    Man I could care less about the console, that can be replaced easily; but holy hell...why would anyone put a screw directly into the dash?! I couldn't even imagine why the previous owner would do that?

That would drive me nuts!

广州本田
    Quote Originally Posted by Gargola View Post

Doesn't make money sense, so I will replace the exhaust with a factory look alike:
    -quite
    -"Twin" exit pipes
    and move on from there.

I just haven't found the perfect one that makes me want to pull the trigger.

As far as the rims, see my last post for my take on that.

Roberto
    Im not sure if you are the person that would only buy name brand things but Megan Racing makes a axle back for us (dual tip, pretty quiet), and you can combine that with their midpipe, all for around $400
    http://www.meganracing.com/products/...=826&catid=133

i dunno, but i think the bc front is the only aftermarket bumper i like on the ep3. looks nice, even though its a little aggressive. good find for that price though. good luck with the project!

tim

wow, someone really riced out your car. Glad your fixing it. You seem to know what your doing.

Quote Originally Posted by thaseint View Post
    Man I could care less about the console, that can be replaced easily; but holy hell...why would anyone put a screw directly into the dash?! I couldn't even imagine why the previous owner would do that?

That would drive me nuts!
    Good catch...

Here is a better view... there was a power converted mounted here...Bone head item #?@#R

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information