Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Black ep

Flat Black ep

Im looking for a change.. haha I was watching rob and big and noticed how they murder out all their vehicles.. I really like the look of flat black but when I asked my girlfriend, she said "it looks like primer".. so I wanna know your opinions on flat black.. I can see where she is coming from but I really think it looks bad ass to have no shine what so ever.. so what do you think???

you will probably hear mixed reviews about it. i am indifferent. a lot of people have done it before the show. do it because you want to do it. there are always going to be haters.
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

<<--- HATER on the flat black idea...

I've thought about doing it myself, but then my car is a track whore so its for functional reasons. If you have the performance to back up the performance oriented look that is one thing, but otherwise you need a mix of both.

im not a hater , but rock it if you want . i would but my wife wont let , i dont have to lie to kick it

i love the murdered out look! the thing with flat back tho, you gotta keep it clean all the time. it gets real grimey. if you watch later shows of rob & big, the rims and body almost look brownish. my rims are flat back and they get the same way. If you dont keep up on it, damn its a bastard clean.

I think it looks pretty cool as long as its kind of a satin color like the skunk 2 ep. with tint black rims ect....

I have a flat black hood and i love it :eyebrows:

I think flat black is a really neat look however, not every car can pull it off.

I really like to see cars painted in creative colors (not fast and the furious colors)
    I really like this color if it was matte

dont know whos ep that is but its sickkkk :)

PS. Most "girlfriends/wifes" will never understand color schemes, or visual modifications that are out of the ordinary. That, and the prices of JDM parts

IMO flat black looks like primer to me too. but that's just me. to each their own!

Isn't there a flat clear coat? I remember someone talking about it and you just wash / wax it like a normal car. I say go for it. There were some pics up before the crash of an EP (other than the Skunk2 race car) that had a flat black paint and it looked bad ass.

dont do andre/erics green in matte. please....

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by epshtielsl View Post
    Isn't there a flat clear coat? I remember someone talking about it and you just wash / wax it like a normal car. I say go for it. There were some pics up before the crash of an EP (other than the Skunk2 race car) that had a flat black paint and it looked bad ass.
    Yeah carizzma makes a flat paint and flat clear coat that goes one top of it so it virtually doesnt get scratchs. heres some pics of their cars and info on the paint:

About R-M Carizzma Flat Paint:
    "At BASF, our main business is paint, where we offer multiple brands with a variety of applications. Carizzma which is the official paint of the TV Show Overhaulin', is a line under the BASF R-M brand. Carizzma allows a reduction in the gloss level of the clear coat, giving you the option to product any color in a flat finish. The technique and the product is essentially the same as any normal paint application; the trick lies in how BASF flattens out the clear in their proprietary mix ratio.

During the application process, however, there is one difference: On a regular paint job you wet sand and buff the finish when you are done. On a flat paint job, you skip that process, allowing the paint to simply air dry or bake.

Maintenance on Carizzma is very easy: Just hand wash, dry and you're done. The paint rarely scratches because of the flat DC92/DC98 clear and you never have to wax it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RollinCivic View Post
    I really like this color if it was matte

dont know whos ep that is but its sickkkk :)
    That's Erik's (MoonSi's) car once upon a time.

Thanks, i just knew ive seen it before on here so i goggled the color and thats what came up :) i wasnt suggesting that anyone paint their car that color i just said that "i like this color if it was matte"

Btw, those pictures of the matte paint and the clearcoat are awesome. When i have to get a paintjob ill probably do that.

Heres a flat black Ep3.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information