Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

jackson racing supercharger

i plan on gettin the jrsc race kit with krpo is thier anything else that is good to get to go along with the kit?

3.8 sc pulley, 2.5 tensioner pulley, 440 or 650 injectors and a good tune

it comes with 440 injectors

3.8 sc pulley, 2.5 tensioner pulley. where can u buy them and do they make a big difference?

the 2.5 idler pulley is part number 051-628 at supercharger.com. You can use the 2.0 idler pulley with the belt provided with the race kit but you will have to tighten down the tensioner bolt all the way. Some people have had no probs keeping the 2.0 idler pulley with the belt, but others have had the belt slip. getting the 2.5" pulley provides peace of mind because you have more room to work with when tightening the belt. the 3.8 SC pulley will help you gain a couple more pounds of boost. if you go 3.7, I believe you have to change the MAP sensor. you can get the 3.8 pulley at http://pulleyboys.com/civicsi.html

pulleyboys sells the 3.8 and 3.7 sc pulley
    supercharger.com sells the rsx-s 2.5 tensioner pulley

the 3.8 pulley is like 9-10 psi and 3.7 is 11psi
    the tensioner pulley is a good idea to get to keep the belts from slipping

Quote Originally Posted by teambeechstreet View Post
    the 2.5 idler pulley is part number 051-628 at supercharger.com. You can use the 2.0 idler pulley with the belt provided with the race kit but you will have to tighten down the tensioner bolt all the way. Some people have had no probs keeping the 2.0 idler pulley with the belt, but others have had the belt slip. getting the 2.5" pulley provides peace of mind because you have more room to work with when tightening the belt. the 3.8 SC pulley will help you gain a couple more pounds of boost. if you go 3.7, I believe you have to change the MAP sensor. you can get the 3.8 pulley at http://pulleyboys.com/civicsi.html
    go with the new hondata map sensor if you go for the 3.7 pulley

i would go with the 3.8 pulley

is it a good idea to get a boost guage or anything?

right now i'm running without the gauges but it is definately a good idea to get at least boost and air fuel gauges

Quote Originally Posted by LaoKidd2k View Post
    right now i'm running without the gauges but it is definately a good idea to get at least boost and air fuel gauges
    I'm sorry but I have to take issue with that. Both of those gauges are useless on a supercharger.

No gauges are actually needed, but if you want to get some to look pretty then get something useful like oil pressure, EGT, Coolant Temp

I would get the boost guage to check if the belt slips and if you aren't getting the right amount of boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknownally View Post
    I would get the boost guage to check if the belt slips and if you aren't getting the right amount of boost.
    that sounds like a smart idea

Same here, it may not be a 100% accurate way of checking amount of boost created, but at least you will have some idea. Also for vacuum leaks.

True the boost gauge is not really needed but I found it helpful to keep an eye on boost when I wanted better gas mileage and to keep out of boost when it's cold. Also it did help save my engine as I noticed it wasn't boosting when I snapped my nose drive shaft. Of course the cel came on and low voltage as well so it's debatable. I'd recommend going with a 3.8 pulley vs the 3.7 as the increase in boost really won't do much without a aftercooler besides lower your MPG ( my personal experience ). 2 steps colder plugs and the 2.5 idler pulley are good ideas as well. Make sure to order a set of Gatorback belts, one for back up. Some people have had slipping issues with the Dayco's. Using a Hondata IMG is a good idea as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information