Close

radiator fluid level

I have searched quite a bit, but can't really find the answer.

I know its dumb but hey i gotta ask.

So assuming i am looking at the right tank, the clear plastic (actually its not that clear cause i cant see through it!!!!)tank behind my radiator is where the fluid is stored. I am hitting 40k miles so i wanted to see if i needed to refill . I found the article about how to flush the system, by the way who ever wrote it thumbs up but looking at every angle i could, even using my surefire flashlight, i cant see where the fluid is compared to the max/min lines!!!!!!! do i need a buffer flashlight?:eyebrows: or whats up?

ephatch member
    I always shake the top of it(while using a flash light) which makes the coolant in it kind of wiggle, and then i can see where it is. Maybe there isn't any in it and that's why you can't see it?

With the engine cool, remove the rad cap and make sure it is full, reinstall the rad cap and then check the overflow container(you can use a flashlight aimed thru the lower grill while looking from the opposite direction.) and make sure it is at the min line or slightly above.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Thread Information