Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skoolnu View Post
    any other ideas on why the MAP wont read boost? this is driving me nuts!
    Sounds like the MAP sensor is reading pressure upstream of the TB, instead of in the blower casing like it should. Are you 1000% SURE that the "MAP relocator" hose is connecting the MAP sensor and the blower casing?

you said you were sent a .kal to datalog with. have you tried using the base map that comes in k-manager and changed the injector size to 650cc? just a thought. the only other thing that i can think of that wasn't mentioned is the map re-locater/spacer. but this shouldn't be affecting boost level.

Quote Originally Posted by 4angrybadgers View Post
    Sounds like the MAP sensor is reading pressure upstream of the TB, instead of in the blower casing like it should. Are you 1000% SURE that the "MAP relocator" hose is connecting the MAP sensor and the blower casing?
    does anyone have a close up pic of how the this should be setup. i think i have it setup right, but i want to be positive. here how i have it setup
    Last edited by skoolnu; 06-27-2008 at 09:05 AM.

Can you get a picture over the top of that map sensor, and pull that brake booster hose out of the way.

My image is too big to inline, so here's the link.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...c/100_4073.jpg
    The blue plug is for the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor line comes out beneath that blue plug, curves up and to the right, touches the throttle cable bracket, and ends up right in front of the fuel rail (next to the blocked-off SC casing nipple).

Yeah thats not hooked up right

That hose going from the manifold to the intake casting needs to be removed thats why your showing 0psi on your map sensor, all the boost is spilling into your intake casting and equalizing your pressure.

For now you can find some way to completely block off they empty space left by removing the map sensor. It must be sealed off so you don't leak vacuum. Now take your 3/8 hose and attached one end to the manifold and the other to the bottom of your map sensor. Now try a short data log.

FYI:
    The relocation spacer is designed to block boost coming from the throttle body ( pre supercharger)and allow the map sensor to remain in it's original location. It has a small nipple on the side which you attach a vacuum line from the manifold to ( post supercharger ). This ensures it reads the pressure level that your engine will see.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free to PM

P.S. I noticed some of your hoses don't have hose clamps, from experience the blower gets pretty hot and after a while without hose clamps you can develop leaks around your connections. A small leak around this area can translate into a very frustrating idling issue and effect the way your bypass valve opens and closes.
    Last edited by MR.Pizza; 06-27-2008 at 10:42 AM.

the spacer i have does not have a nipple on the side for a hose. i take it thats another problem.

Quote Originally Posted by skoolnu View Post
    the spacer i have does not have a nipple on the side for a hose. i take it thats another problem.
    Yeah, that spacer doesn't look like its the right one, you could probably modify it though. For now just run that ghetto missing link and you should be fine. Probably cheaper to buy a gm 3bar and eliminate the stock map all together. If you did that you would just leave the map sensor on the throttle body without the relocation spacer and unplug it. Good luck with your tuning.

I'm pretty sure that still plugs into the OEM location. You'll still need a way to route a line from one of the nipples on the supercharger casing to the MAP sensor. I checked Jackson Racing's site for the relocator but I couldn't find a part #. Just call them and check the price; it will be cheaper (and better) than getting another MAP sensor and ghetto-rigging it.

Thanks, i found the part number and placed an order. hope it comes fast i want to have this bitch tuned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information