Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    It is possible, maybe barely...but it's kind of hard seeing a EP with basic bolt ons without Hondata beating a GSR with an intake...Beating LS for sure but GSR's? Not to dawg you or anything but I'm a former GSR owner myself, so that is why I question...
    gsr's arnt that fast, especially with just intake.
    When people ask me if my car is turbo, I can finally say yes muthafuxa it is.

alot of numbers are different due to the fact that dynos read differently. alot read higher then they really are. this dyno sheet is on a dyno-dynamics dyno which apparently reads very accurate.

my mods at the time of the dyno:
    AEM CAI
    DC Shorty
    Megan TP
    Buddy Club ProSpec

Quote Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
    agreed from my experience, a bolt-on ep3 is about the same as a bolt-on gsr. now i eat them up with my jrsc

ephatch member
    what kind of a difference do the bc cams make?

ep3's arent that fast, even with everything

and about your other post, I don't know what a1 swap is running you 2k but you're getting ripped the fuck off.
    You can get a very nice condition a1 from dave for 1250 or you can go to a junkyard and get one that might have problems for 600-900
    you can swap it yourself for the cost of a cherry picker if you dont have one.
    Or you can have someone put it in for 300-500 bucks, or if you have friends they could help you do it for a case of beer.

ephatch member
    ive seen post of people puttin out 180+ with bc cams valvetrain and bolt ons. is this true of the a3?

this maysound stupid, but i rather have a a2 or z1 in my car than 180 hp a3..
    i was planning to do, cams and bolt on.. but at the end i put a z1 in my car...
    i'm loving it every moment of it...its better out of the box period...
    i'm running roughly 200-210 to the wheel. with just bolt on..
    i'm sure i'll put out more with buddy RH, RBC intake + CAI( just a3 short ram)

Quote Originally Posted by v1c10us View Post
    ep3's arent that fast, even with everything

and about your other post, I don't know what a1 swap is running you 2k but you're getting ripped the fuck off.
    You can get a very nice condition a1 from dave for 1250 or you can go to a junkyard and get one that might have problems for 600-900
    you can swap it yourself for the cost of a cherry picker if you dont have one.
    Or you can have someone put it in for 300-500 bucks, or if you have friends they could help you do it for a case of beer.
    okay agreed gsr's and ep's arnt fast. most encounters with my ep vs gsr's i came out on top , maybe driver error or there cars having in some cases a decade of miles more than us. i use to feel about integras how i feel about tc's or em1's.

and yes 2k for the swap assuming he wasnt doing the swap himself. and dont forget that tranny pass mount.
    Last edited by kprocivic; 06-29-2008 at 01:21 PM. Reason: i edited cause im not stuck up

ephatch member
    my issue is that this car is my dd so i dont to deal with finding a solid motor. finding a way to transport it. Then the headaches of swapping it. It might be doable in a weekend but i swapped my supra and i know that theres always somethin to slow the process and i need to get to work! lol. so id be plenty happy with 25 less horsepower and a cammed a3. But i could change my mind. I gotta sleep on it some more

I've always planned that if I was going to do a swap (and that's not really on the table), I would buy a junker for like a $1,000 and use it as a DD while I took my time with the swap. Afterwords, I doubt the value of the junker will have moved much, turn right back around and sell it again.

ephatch member
    thats a good idea. wish i had an extra grand

go go gadget turbo

fuck spending 2 grand on dumb shit and getting 30 horsepower to the wheels. Just save an extra $1000 up and go turbo. Most drag races are won with torque not "oh ive got 157 hp at the wheels and 120 LB ft and I can beat my moms minivan on the corners. Unless you've got the K20z3 why even waste the money?

further more

....Or buy a cheap ass k20a3 for like 600-800 bucks on ebay and buy a EG hatch put both together and woop ass. Light weight cars rule

ephatch member
    Yeah, but they aren't land whales like EP3's. I've seen bolt-on GSR's trap 97-101 personally.

Quote Originally Posted by RTE117 View Post
    Yeah, but they aren't land whales like EP3's. I've seen bolt-on GSR's trap 97-101 personally.
    i like dc2's i just dont find them to be to special anymore. and 100lb difference i guess is a whole lot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information