Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    fuck spending 2 grand on dumb shit and getting 30 horsepower to the wheels. Just save an extra $1000 up and go turbo. Most drag races are won with torque not "oh ive got 157 hp at the wheels and 120 LB ft and I can beat my moms minivan on the corners. Unless you've got the K20z3 why even waste the money?
    because i want my car too be reliable and its my dd so i want it to be just a little quick if i want a finicky turbo monster i have a built 88 supra sittin in the garage.oh and for the record its not exactly two grand to make 157bhp.Its probably around 5-800 if you no where to spend the cash.
    since when is the K20z3 the only worthy k motor and since when are drag races won with torque?

if you don't want to spend a lot of money and get decent hp, i would suggest going my route. i have i/h/tp/e and jrsc. i bought the jrsc used for a little over a grand and i'm now at max torque at 3,000rpm

trust me, if you want reliability and decent hp gains, go jrsc.

when i went from full bolt-ons to adding the jrsc-s (5psi) i went from 155whp to 182whp, and 133ft-lbs to 165ft-lbs

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by NrGiNnY14 View Post
    if you don't want to spend a lot of money and get decent hp, i would suggest going my route. i have i/h/tp/e and jrsc. i bought the jrsc used for a little over a grand and i'm now at max torque at 3,000rpm

trust me, if you want reliability and decent hp gains, go jrsc.

when i went from full bolt-ons to adding the jrsc-s (5psi) i went from 155whp to 182whp, and 133ft-lbs to 165ft-lbs
    would you say your rig is reliable enough to drive back and forth to nc from ny on a regular basis? if so im savin up!

Quote Originally Posted by pjnoto View Post
    would you say your rig is reliable enough to drive back and forth to nc from ny on a regular basis? if so im savin up!
    well right now i'm running a ghetto kit, which i would assume is still reliable since i haven't had any problems, but the engine management is horrible which is causing me to get bad mpg. i say if you get the street kit with the JR card or the race kit with k-pro you should be fine. when you are running the street kit (5psi), there is only a card that when you boost, it adds more fuel, so in essence out of boost it's just as if you are stock when it comes to reliability and mpg

the only problems i heard with a jrsc reliability wise, is that sometimes belts break or the tensioner pulley starts making noise after 20,000-30,000 miles of use. i haven't broken a belt yet. i did have to change the tensioner pulley but thats because i bought the kit used and it had 38,000 miles plus on it.

i would suggest it over turbo any day when it comes to reliability, maintenance, and price. its 100,000 mile service free, so i hear. there is virtually no maintenance to the supercharger besides checking the belt and tension every so often which takes about 1 minute to do. and you can get the street kit new for $2,400 or get 1 used for around $1,000-$1,500

Quote Originally Posted by heyvortek View Post
    n/a a3 suks...wont get much..get sum cheap boltons and your good for a while...beat sum ricers...im beatin gsrs wid jus cai,header and test pipe...157hp..getting ready for my bc cams stg3 soon
    get a 6sdp u wont regret it. theres a base rsx on crsx with i/rh/e/kpro tuned/rbc/a2 tb running 14.4@99mph with his 6spd. S territory there

ephatch member
    sounds sick. i need to do other stuff first though. my car is still at stock ride height!!!
    Last edited by pjnoto; 07-02-2008 at 09:28 PM. Reason: no likey

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyJoint316 View Post
    get a 6sdp u wont regret it. theres a base rsx on crsx with i/rh/e/kpro tuned/rbc/a2 tb running 14.4@99mph with his 6spd. S territory there
    ill vouche on the 6 speed... i have i/h/e, 04 type s 6 speed tranny, stage 2 clutch, OEM type s flywheel, BCSS, (and retardly dumped) and that tranny and lighter flywheel makes a worldddddd of difference.... not to mention the 39 mpg highway i got driving from my new location near va beach to where my family lives to pittsburgh... 6 speed for NA is where its at!

165hp 132tq n/a a3 with comptech icebox, dcrh, t1r mid, and hondata reflash

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Mouse_Ep View Post
    165hp 132tq n/a a3 with comptech icebox, dcrh, t1r mid, and hondata reflash
    Dang Omar, you got a healthy motor. Forsure with KPro, you'll break 170

Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    Dang Omar, you got a healthy motor. Forsure with KPro, you'll break 170
    Yeah the guy said if i put on a CAI and maybe an axle back i could get 170hp i am pretty happy with my car right now but i kinda wanna get a CAI now that i have a raceheader and reflash

i/h/e reflash stage 2 cams 70mm tb = 192whp + rbc + kpro would make around 200

ephatch member
    what? stage 2 cams with a reflash, that doesn't sound safe nor correct.

I have stage II cams and k-pro and am sitting at 180hp and 140tq. I am going to change out my raceheader for a kiddracing header and switch my megan midpipe for the very slightly smaller 05-06 type-s midpipe until I can get a custom 2.5in exhaust put together. If I am lucky and get rid of my stock axelback I might break 190. Then I have to decide if I want to go k24 or not because I want to supercharge and if I need to swap clutch and flywheel I might as well pick up a cheap a4 and swap over my cams.

i/rh/cai with velocity stack on the end
    skunk 2 stage 3 cams
    supertech springs and retainers
    kpro and skunk2 catback

197hp 140 tq

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    i/rh/cai with velocity stack on the end
    skunk 2 stage 3 cams
    supertech springs and retainers
    kpro and skunk2 catback

197hp 140 tq
    You always run the velocity stack???

There are so many different setups out there.... since you use it to commute I would suggest boltons and the 03-04 six speed swap. I think that will keep you happy for a while. And when you go to that six speed you will definately see you mpgs jump up on the highway. I plan on doing this to my ladies ep3, 400 to a tank here I come hahaha

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch797 View Post
    At that point your well over what a swap would cost.
    Only if ur doing the swap urself

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information