Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

when do you guys fill up?

i fill it up when i see the light turn on. that usually means 10 gallons. our manual says we have 13 gallons, but i don't push it, for some reason i get freaked. what about you guys? do you guys wait for like 60 miles after you see the light come on or do you guys fill it up when the light pops on? or am i the only one that thinks this is a big enough deal to post a thread on?

stingyboy
    are those numbers accurate...i mean what is tank capacity and how many gallons left make the light come on?

as you can tell, i don't read the instructions. :p

Still Around...
    the tank is 13.1 gallons... or something like that.

And yes, i wait about 75 miles after the light comes on. THEN, even after its almost touching the letter E (which is WAAAY below the E line) I fill it up. And even then, I can only get like 12 gallons and some change in it. And at 30 mpg, thats another almost 30 miles, so I keep pushing it a little farther every time. One of these times I'll prolly get burned, but at least I'll know when the needle *really* means 0 gas.

4u2nv
    i fill it before the light comes on normally

i fill it before the light comes on normally
    So do I. Isn't it bad to be using gas from the bottom of your tank?

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    [i]Isn't it bad to be using gas from the bottom of your tank?
    - Isn't it all mixed together? I don't think we have a seperate reserve tank that is only used when the primary is empty. Then again - who knows with Honda these days.

to change the subject on when, i know someone posted awhile back about what you put in there, 87 89 or 93. well, i saw a special on some show, forget where, that 89 because its in the middle, and most ppl either use the best 93 or the cheapest 87, that the 89 sits in the tank for awhile, and in some cases water started to mix with the gas, which if you continue to use 89 that has alot of water, its bad for the engine. Cars dont run on water yet, though honda prolly is working on it. Just thought i'd throw that in...

I drive with the light on often...I'll even go past the redline but not near the E. I've been curious how many miles someone has gotten out of a full tank of gas to the last 1/2 gallon or so.

FourJays
    When walking home would really suck. ;)

stingyboy
    i *just* filled 'er up today. the needle was barely past the bottom line but not to the top of the "E" yet. it took 10.8 gallons of fuel from there.

capacity is 13.2. so that means even slightly below the bottom line there is still 2.4 gallons left in the tank.

i drove 284.7 miles on that 10.8 gallons = 26.36mpg.

so i could've gone another 50 miles (conservative estimate) bringing the tank down to about a half gallon from empty.

means i can go about 335 miles on a single tank before limping into a gas station.

4u2nv
    Originally posted by SmoothOperator

So do I. Isn't it bad to be using gas from the bottom of your tank?
    yes, its because of deposits that may have settled out of the gas, but our cars shouldnt have that problem yet. i still dont want to get into the habit of letting it get low. on a different note, am i the only one getting over 32mpg?

punkdork
    I tend to get around 24-28 mpg. I drive a lot of short trips (I live close to work). On the highway I get nice mileage. I normally fill up when the light comes on and I end up putting in about 10 gallons and showing 250-270 miles on the trip.

stingyboy
    on the topic of fuel economy, would a 10% increase in horsepower from an i/h/e set-up effect gas mileage? since the same weight is being pulled by a stronger engine, it seems to me that mpg would incease. true?

xlr8, not to sound too cynical, but i find it hard to believe you'd be getting more than 32 mpg...are you sure you're doing the math right?

4u2nv
    339 miles and i put in 10.45 galons. go ahead and chech the math

when do I fill up? are you refering to gas or nitrous? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information