Close

04-05 Civic EX fog question

I know it's not an EP, but I need help here. I was installing a pair of EBAY fogs in my dad's auto 05' Civic EX sedan. I ran the wiring & installed all the harware. When I went to turn them on, nothing happened. The Honda instructions give you different procedures for the Auto vs 5-spd, something to do w/ the multiplexor. It's bugging the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by SiR R8TD View Post
    I know it's not an EP, but I need help here. I was installing a pair of EBAY fogs in my dad's auto 05' Civic EX sedan. I ran the wiring & installed all the harware. When I went to turn them on, nothing happened. The Honda instructions give you different procedures for the Auto vs 5-spd, something to do w/ the multiplexor. It's bugging the hell out of me.
    what's your question?

Quote Originally Posted by MOOGEN View Post
    what's your question?
    Sorry, I'll make it more clear. Why the hell isn't anything working? Is there a difference b/w the auto vs. 5spd installation procedures? Can I use a differend power source?

what I would personally do first is check all the grounding and power plugs making sure that there is proper connections. Second is have someone help listen to the relays to confirm if they are even clicking. If they are then you'll know where to go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by MOOGEN View Post
    what I would personally do first is check all the grounding and power plugs making sure that there is proper connections. Second is have someone help listen to the relays to confirm if they are even clicking. If they are then you'll know where to go from there.
    Yeah, I double checked all my connections. The relay on the fog harness isn't clicking, proably because it isn't getting power. I plugged into the multiplexor(under dash fuse panel), but the manual doesn't tell me where to look for a fog fuse, that could be the problem.

In for more info to I want to install some fogs on my girls 04 EX.

Thread Information