Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MadBeatChemist

$14, 499 for new SI in Cali

Colonial Honda in Glendale, CA is selling the Si for $14,499

Colonial Honda

That really is great for all the new buyers out there. Sucks for me considering that I bought my Si right after they came out for 23K and they are now going for almost 10K less.

ephatch member
    yeah but they're selling them for that at the one in riverside i believe but its for remaining 2002 models only

Re: $14, 499 for new SI in Cali

Originally posted by MadBeatChemist
    Colonial Honda in Glendale, CA is selling the Si for $14,499
    That really is great for all the new buyers out there.
    Man, this IS a great deal. If I lived anywhere near Glendale CA, I'd buy another Si just for the hell of it. There's a lot of pure transportation in an Si. Someone's gonna make out like a bandit.

atl-si
    Man, I should have waited! J/K! I loved it when I had my EP and there were hardly any out there when I bought mine.

Glix2
    It's cheaper than the EX?!

MadBeatChemist
    it is for the remaining 2002's they have in stock, but really, they are the exact same as the 2003, no difference.

I know I was happy being one of the first owners of the new Si, but it really sucks that I could have waited and got such a good price. I paid 12000 for my 99 DX a few years ago. I sure as hell would have paid 2500 more for an Si.

I paid 16,400 for mine about 2 months ago here in New York and I thought that was good deal.
    But this price is crazy, they have to be losing money on the car.
    Drew

MadBeatChemist
    They've gotta be losing money. These cars have sat on the lots for so long in some places. I bought the first Si at the dealership I went to. They had 8 of them initially, all sitting out in front. I took the first one but that was in May. I first test drove one in April. I was surprised that I had purchased the first one, but they had 7 left on the lot when I left. So I can see why it was easy to screw me over with the high price, but that is such a huge price drop on a car that only came out about 8 months ago. Especially when the 2003 model is the same as the 2002. At least, I haven't heard of any changes for this years Si.

Well of course, the Honda website does say that the 2003 Si has a 2.3 liter engine. Maybe thats why the price has dropped so much on the 2002's. Maybe Honda has intentionally left that on their website so that people will want to buy the Si even more. Because that has been on the Honda website for quite a while now. It used to say the Si came with a 2.3 liter SOHC engine. They changed SOHC to DOHC but left the 2.3 on there. I think they did it intentionally.

hahahaaha!!!:D
    Last edited by MadBeatChemist; 11-20-2002 at 04:12 PM.

ephatch member
    Thats what I got mine for last week, taxes and tags included :D
    I also got the 7yr/75,000 mile warrenty with the gold plan thrown in at no cost. Yeah like that'll last long....:p

redline, so you got your si for 14,5k with tt&l included? no way.

ephatch member
    people that get ep's now are getting killer deals

ephatch member
    Total for the car: $13750+5%(taxes)+$60(tag transfer)
    In MD we don't get charged with license fees because we pay $30.00 everytime we renew
    It's simple :D
    Last edited by redlineracing; 11-20-2002 at 08:54 PM.

I just bought a 2002 Si on Saturday (the 16th) and paid $15,888 before T&L. They wouldn't throw in the floor mats because they said they weren't making money on the car... *whatever*. I was told by the dealer that there was NO difference in the 02 and 03 models, but after someone pointed it out, I do notice on Honda's site that the 03 has a 2.3 liter engine. Now I"m going to have to go back and pop the hood on that 03. I go in today to get some scratches buffed out and get the "Touch of Class" put on my car... I'll check then.
    *hmm*
    Either way, I'm happy with my new Si.... a HUGE improvement over my 88 CRX Si. I loved that car, but there's no comparison 108hp or 160? Hmmmm ;)

ephatch member
    Si4Me, where did you get yours? I got mine at Capitol Honda for the same price before destination charge. Did you pay destination or did the price include it? I did get some floor mats but I didn't get charged for it. I don't think they knew they were in the car or assumed they came with the car because the window sticker didn't list any options on it. Either way I made off with some free floor mats. :angel:

you suck dchu! :P I got mine at San Leandro Honda.... Here I thought I was getting a good deal. Damn. Oh well, it's cool.... and now it's mine ;) Going in today to get some scratches buffed out of it (that it came with). I got some floormats off of Ebay.... it's all good.
    We need to get a Bay Area group together.... anyone interested?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information