Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

cracking noise from the rear

i just got a progress rear sway bar and skunk lca everything is tight and fits good but today i noticed there is a little crack noise coming from the rear on heavy bumps or steep drive ways, anyone know what it might be from? o and the car is dropped on neuspeed springs if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by moso View Post
    i just got a progress rear sway bar and skunk lca everything is tight and fits good but today i noticed there is a little crack noise coming from the rear on heavy bumps or steep drive ways, anyone know what it might be from? o and the car is dropped on neuspeed springs if that helps
    I'm guessing the rear struts are going out. I think neuspeed springs is known to be the springs that sags most in the rear, so yeah maybe struts maybe?

ya im thinking sturts too u think a strut bar will do?

no, a strut bar wont do anything to fix a blown strut.
    The neuspeeds are very low and very soft, meaning those struts are getting a ton of movement while overly compressed, this is a very quick way to blow struts.

However, it is more likely that you did not grease the bushings when installing your progress rear sway, and this is whats causing the creaking.

i did greace the bushing i mean i dunno if i greased it enough =/ im having the worst day my car wasnt going into 1st gear either after i ran a friends eg hatch i launched it at 3500rpm and the car didnt grip second now i have to roll back on reverse about 5 inches then put it to 1st. And what would be the best way to fix the struts? or stop the problems

if its the struts, replace them.
    if your on a budget replace them with stock or oem replacement
    but those will blow eventually too, so you would have to get something like tokico d-specs
    if its the bushings, grease them more.
    Or you can get stock struts and Civic type R springs which will work fine and wont blow your struts and lower the car a little without being so durn extreme like the neuspeeds.

ya i have 17s and the back is practically tucked (even though it looks good) is it something serious or can i lag it until i get tein basic coilovers ?

I mean, its not serious in that its not really dangerous.
    But the handling of the car will get worse and worse the more they go out, the ride quality will start to go down the toilet.
    if i were getting coilovers i wouldnt bother replacing them.

but do the struts blow that easy? i mean ive had the sway bar on only for about 2 days and the day i installed it i did not hear anything its just today that i heard something the ride quality is fuckin awesome compared to stock lol but its just the drive way parts i think the shocks are not adjusting much which causes the wheel to go in the air and i guess that might cause pressure on the strut?

if it is the struts it has nothing to do with your sway bar and the timing was just a coincidence.
    another possibility is your endlinks are shot, they can sometimes make a crackly noise.

so basically fuck it all have fun until i get the coil overs then i will check out if there is any further problems?

well, you might as well replace your endlinks anyway, they're like 80 bucks for the v2 endlinks from corsport and they're much better than the shitty OEM ones. if that fixes the problem then you're straight.

i cant find any end links would you happen to have some links?

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...roducts_id=722
    those are the ones i've got on my ep3

thnx dat website is awesome

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information