Close

Thread: Smoke:Interior

Smoke:Interior

Previous owner was a smoker. Smells like it, Smoke stains on headliner, Cigarette burns on seat/ floor mats, and Smells like shiet...

I used Turtle Wax Oxi Clean Interior 1 for the carpet and it worked great! The smell is off the carpet and takes stains out quick! I used a separate scruber not what they provide.

The seats are pretty clean (except a few holes from burns) Febreze Auto worked great for the smell.

Now my car is smoke smell free! I wondered what to do about the headliner stains? Any suggestions?

Also, the Si floor mats are done... Too many cig burns. Anyone know where I can get some? New or Used.

Thanks
    Ricky

Also, stupid Anti Theft Code for the radio is nowhere to be found! How much does the dealer actually charge to give the code?

I pulled my own radio out of the dash and wrote it down and took it to the dealer and it was free, but I think if they have to do it they charge you labor to take the dash apart.(Some said around $20.00). Sometimes the code is on a sticker on the side of the glove box.

Oh really? Thanks, yeah I checked another thread about it. Its not by the glove box nor the fuse box. I'll just have to dealer it...

hold down the 1 and 6 button on the radio while the radio is off and it should give you some numbers i believe...i work for honda and have access to there program 24/7, give me the numbers and ill see if i can get your radio code. Only certain years let you do this

Quote Originally Posted by thinkricky View Post
    Also, stupid Anti Theft Code for the radio is nowhere to be found! How much does the dealer actually charge to give the code?
    you can call the and they'll give it to you provided to supply the correct address and owner information and vin number.
    https://radio-navicode.honda.com/
    just call them and they'll give it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    hold down the 1 and 6 button on the radio while the radio is off and it should give you some numbers i believe...i work for honda and have access to there program 24/7, give me the numbers and ill see if i can get your radio code. Only certain years let you do this

I'll get it thanks. Let you know.

Any ideas for HEADLINER?

Any ideas for HEADLINER?
    I don't think you can actually clean you head liner. Before the forum crashed I think someone had th same question. You could always get a new one. I was thinking about getting it suede.

w00t for redheads! NitroBoarder's Avatar
    Previous owner was a smoker. Smells like it, Smoke stains on headliner, Cigarette burns on seat/ floor mats, and Smells like shiet...

I used Turtle Wax Oxi Clean Interior 1 for the carpet and it worked great! The smell is off the carpet and takes stains out quick! I used a separate scruber not what they provide.

The seats are pretty clean (except a few holes from burns) Febreze Auto worked great for the smell.

Now my car is smoke smell free! I wondered what to do about the headliner stains? Any suggestions?

Also, the Si floor mats are done... Too many cig burns. Anyone know where I can get some? New or Used.

Thanks
    Ricky
    www.handa-accessories.com has the mats for around $60.

headliner...rent a steam vac. would be your best chance, dunno what else would do as good for an upside down cleaning job.

k, Thanks all

i'm going ttry cleaning my interior tommorrow.....

my shit is black on top!

Thread Information