Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHeck this OuT!

CHeck this OuT!

painted this under my hood, I was showing it to some of my friends at a 4th of july get together thing and some old man pulls in and goes off on me how it is disrespectful to show a japanese flag especially on the 4th, he proceeded to tell me that on top of that it was the japanese naval flag.. and that "those damn japs have done nothing good for our country, i mean look at your car! Do you think that piece of shit is worth showing off?" I said "Im sorry for offending you" and i returned to showing my friends the paintjob, ignoring his comment

Quote Originally Posted by xachary82 View Post
    painted this under my hood, I was showing it to some of my friends at a 4th of july get together thing and some old man pulls in and goes off on me how it is disrespectful to show a japanese flag especially on the 4th, he proceeded to tell me that on top of that it was the japanese naval flag.. and that "those damn japs have done nothing good for our country, i mean look at your car! Do you think that piece of shit is worth showing off?" I said "Im sorry for offending you" and i returned to showing my friends the paintjob, ignoring his comment

you shoulda told hi your car was made in the uk it woulda really pissed him off.

cf hood time w00t w00t

dont hate ppl.... its unique.. 10 points for affort...

i bet he was drivin a volvo or a toyota.. he prob thought they are american cars ha...

May wind Oct. rain
    I still cannot believe people feel that way nearly a half a century later. I guess old feelings die hard. BTW, the painted hood is retarded.

Not feelin it...

That guy is a prime example of why Nationalism is such a drain on humanity. Painting that under the hood doesn't exactly show a different perspective either.

bad idea of showing that on 4th of july..

hit it wit some GRAF!

The guy had a point.

It was the Jap Naval flag which has a lot of bad memories from WWII. You remember Pearl Harbor, Kamakazis, Battle of Midway, etc.? Im sure hes a very patriotic person that takes offense to seeing another countries military flag flying on a day that represents our nations birth and independance.

Im willing to bet my EP that the guy doesnt know that the whole JDM thing is huge with kids and their cars and only knows the real history behind what that flag was for. So before you all go calling him crazy and a nationalistic crack pot take a second and see it from his point of view. If he got that worked up about it, its not too much of a stretch to figure he was a veteran at some point.

And dude, the hood looks a little gimp. But if you like it keep it, fuck the haters.

Quote Originally Posted by MandesignEP3 View Post

And dude, the hood looks a little gimp. But if you like it keep it, fuck the haters.
    Agreed Completely. Does anyone else on this site drive your car everyday? no. You do. I dont care how bad any custom thing on this site looks. I gotta give props to everyone that tries custom work. It takes balls.

It's not my taste of modifications, but then again it's not my car. So rock what you love. For all of you who are giving him shit about it, again remember it's not your car. I do give him credit for trying something new.

About the man pulling up. I understand that people who have been around since WWII have issues with the Japanese still. However that was over half a century ago. They need to realize that the Japanese have a vital role in how this world works.

For that guy to say that his car was a piece of shit and not worth showing off, just pisses me off. We could use less of these people in the world. I can see him having a problem with the Japanese naval flag, however he stepped over the line.

Not to mention if he has a problem with Japanese technology. Tell him to get rid of his; cell phone, flat screen tv, engine in his car, and so on!

whats it matter guys... its on the bottom side of his hood.
    granted i wouldn't have wasted the paint, unless it is in some sort a coating to help protect the hood/paint from temperature.
    to each his own.

*plus it matches the red badges :P

Very Creative on the paint scheme, although not my taste. And you handled yourself well, by not escalating the whole situation.

Anyone who posts another hater comment after reading all of this deserves a smack in the face.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information