Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    daily driver and build shouldn't not go together unless you either a:

a)put the motor together yourself, including research and labor
    b)know EXACTLY how every component works in unity, but paid someone to build it.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Supercharging is alright for a DD in my opinion, people have had bad experiences, but i've had plenty of bad experiences with stock motors so thats not really saying alot.

The k24 cant be revved as high because of the stroke of the motor, even if you put the a2 head on it I wouldn't take it over 7000, maybe 7200 tops, that may be cautious or it may be reckless, I don't know, thats just what I would do.
    K24 need mo gas.

Some people have gotten very very high gas mileage with built a2's
    Blue print is a good company In my opinion.
    I would take the k24 and put 11.5:1 compression pistons in it and maybe some head work, valves springs retainers, cause I think that would be fun as hell, having a high compression k24.
    Theres too many options to list and now i feel drunk thinking about all these builds I wish i could do.
    If you are in the market for k20a2 prices and boost etc etc.
    You could just go ahead and buy a k24a2
    You've got 3 lobe vtec, 2.4 liters, higher compression.

Quote Originally Posted by milob86 View Post
    alright davis. what would u recommend? a2 build? or z1 build? since its going to be a daily driver, how about supercharging it? still sound bad?
    Personally if I could do it all over again. I would build exactly what my buddy crhatch02 and I are putting in his car. We are just waiting on the cams and block honing to put her in. K24a1 shortblock/tsx pistons/rods and a z3 pump/A2 head with valvetrain/brian crower stg2 cams/6spd tranny/streetlite flywheel/competition stg3 clutch/RBC intake manifold port matched to a bored throttle body/Injen CAI/hks high power/SSR RH/intake manifold gasket. Should make an easy and reliable 250whp or so.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Personally if I could do it all over again. I would build exactly what my buddy crhatch02 and I are putting in his car. We are just waiting on the cams and block honing to put her in. K24a1 shortblock/tsx pistons/rods and a z3 pump/A2 head with valvetrain/brian crower stg2 cams/6spd tranny/streetlite flywheel/competition stg3 clutch/RBC intake manifold port matched to a bored throttle body/Injen CAI/hks high power/SSR RH/intake manifold gasket. Should make an easy and reliable 250whp or so.
    out of curiousity. I am sure that setup will sound bad ass, any chance that the hks high power will be slightly restrictive? It just seems to me that with the RBC, port matching, bored TB, cams and then an SSR RH the piping will not be sufficient. But you are far more knowledgeable than myself so I could be way wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AUTiger View Post
    out of curiousity. I am sure that setup will sound bad ass, any chance that the hks high power will be slightly restrictive? It just seems to me that with the RBC, port matching, bored TB, cams and then an SSR RH the piping will not be sufficient. But you are far more knowledgeable than myself so I could be way wrong.
    It would net more tq being that small. It is kinda on the line of being restrictive. The 65mm hks would work better if you are wanting more hp and don't care as much about tq...but I love tq

ephatch member
    whats the advantaje of the a2 head in the k24a1, if you cant rev it high?? i read that the a1 head flows as good as the a2 sint it??

a2 and z1 are the same. the difference is the cams. now they do have different trannies tho

Quote Originally Posted by arthur View Post
    whats the advantaje of the a2 head in the k24a1, if you cant rev it high?? i read that the a1 head flows as good as the a2 sint it??
    It has vtec on both cams instead of only one. Nets you atleast another 25whp.

ephatch member
    It has vtec on both cams instead of only one. Nets you atleast another 25whp.
    I know it has vtec in both cams, but i thought that the vtec helped only because of the flow in the head. that is why i dont understan why an a2 head is better, if the a1 flows as good as the a2. sorry for the noob question!!

Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur View Post
    I know it has vtec in both cams, but i thought that the vtec helped only because of the flow in the head. that is why i dont understan why an a2 head is better, if the a1 flows as good as the a2. sorry for the noob question!!
    when vtec crosses over, the cam profile changes. basically, vtec allows you to have a smooth running cam at low RPM, and when the engine speed can support it, it starts using a more aggressive cam profile that has more valve lift, and different duration times.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolimport View Post
    when vtec crosses over, the cam profile changes. basically, vtec allows you to have a smooth running cam at low RPM, and when the engine speed can support it, it starts using a more aggressive cam profile that has more valve lift, and different duration times.
    Shazaam!

Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar
    Shazaam!
    its has magical powers!

So if you're going with aftermarket cams should you stick to a k24a1 over a k20a2/z3 head?

Quote Originally Posted by bchaney View Post
    So if you're going with aftermarket cams should you stick to a k24a1 over a k20a2/z3 head?
    Nope. Depens on your budget and setup. Some people prefer an a1 head for boosted setups and most people prefer the a2 head regardless. If you put aftermarket cams in the a2 and the a1 head...the a2 head will still make considerably more power.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information