Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Need help picking out my engine for a swap.

Wats up guys, im planning a swap. But as i keep reading through the forums, i see that there is alot of debate between what engine works better then the next. So the more the debate, the more confused im getting. so to end the confusion, heres my question. Im doing a swap, stage 2 cams, valves, valve springs, pistons, retainers, turbo, etc. so ive heard that the k24a1 with a2 head is the way to go, but ive also heard that its ok to build on the a2.

SO HELP ME PPL, WHAT SHOULD I DO?????

PS, where can i get the engine, with good price, and really reliable?
    PSS, whats a website other than skunk2.com, to get internals?

ephatch member
    for what iver read its better the k24a1. it has more potential, and with turbo the k24 is better because the low compression.

k24a1 with an k20A2 head. FRanKenStein!
    Ed~

well the k20a2 would be better in terms of 1/4 times because of less torque but its more expensive.. if you just want a daily drive ~400 whp and trq then settle with a k24a1.. 2 good examples of these engines is weltalls ep and guardian's.. guardian has a k24 and weltall has a built a2.. at the end it all depends how much money you are willing to spend

forgot one thing... if you're getting the k24 a good place to get it from is papituyo..shoot him a PM, he has the best a1's you can get

Also don't get skunk 2 parts if you want it to last....check clubrsx.com for parts.

k24 is the way to go if you're swapping internals or not.

The k24a1 has low compression pistons that will get max benefit from boost. If you're swapping internals get a k24a4 block (cheaper). Then go with a k20a2 or k20z3 head on top.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Also don't get skunk 2 parts if you want it to last....check clubrsx.com for parts.
    and if u want some pics of what a skunk2 cam/valve train setup does to a $4,200.00 (A2) motor, shoot me a pm lol

yes thats what they were going for when i got mine....that was with tranny and everything tho....

well i dont kno about the durability of the skunk2 cams, and like i sed before, i dont kno any other sites that i can view cams. clubrsx.com has other ones from a company ive never heard of. and as for the engine, i saw welltell's build of the a2, nd it looks ok. and guardians frankenstien is super sick. so 23a2 w/a2 head. can anyone agree or disagree on that combo? plz elaborate.

K20 vs. K24

make your own mind up.

300whp+2140lbs= fun classiccelica's Avatar
    Will the k24 with the a2 head be able to rev high though?

Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaney View Post
    k24 is the way to go if you're swapping internals or not.

The k24a1 has low compression pistons that will get max benefit from boost. If you're swapping internals get a k24a4 block (cheaper). Then go with a k20a2 or k20z3 head on top.
    this man speaks the truth. the k24a4 pistons won't work with any head other than the a4 head. the k24a4 is only viable when you plan on swapping pistons and getting a full vtec head. or if you want a cheap swap to just go straight in and stay with a stock long block.

Quote Originally Posted by classiccelica View Post
    Will the k24 with the a2 head be able to rev high though?
    You don't need to rev high! Probably the most misunderstood part of K24s in general. The k24s pistons are moving faster at 7k rpms than an s2000's pistons move at 9krpms....so they are fucking moving fast as shit already. The k20 piston speed does not match up to the k24 either. Not only that but on a k20 even though you can take the tachometer up higher your powerband is smaller. The k24 will pull from really low rpms when the k20 wont pull near as hard from anything under 5000rpms. I don't know any other way to explain this....It needs to be in bold or some shit right under the ephatch banner in the swap section.

300whp+2140lbs= fun classiccelica's Avatar
    I know this, I just love rpm. Plus I love high top speeds, not on the road though that is just getting even more stupid the more it happens. I like knowing that my car has the ability to top out high.

bang for your buck you gotta get the k24a1 with the a2 head. dont' need to rev high cuz the extra tq will make you feel like you're going pretty fast :)

k20a2 if you want to just have a drop in engine that's be fun =)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information