I feel like I have searched all EP3 related forums and most of google and I can't find an answer, which is a little embarrassing, so I'm hesitant to even ask this question but I'm getting desperate so here it is:

I have a set of non-HID pre-facelift civic type R head lights that I plan on retro-fitting and installing on my 2005 Si, which currently has Facelift DEPO projectors installed. The sockets for the turn signal bulbs (7440) in the 2005 headlights are too small for the Pre-facelift housing, which is marked (J) WY21W (E) (AUS) PY21W, which are the designated bulb sizes outside of the USA. So, I guess my question is, is there a 7440 socket that I should order such as 33303-S47-901 and will that fit without modification or is able to be modified to fit or will I need to get my hands on a JDM EP3 CTR 7440 socket?

I remember people running the pre-facelift CTR headlights prior to the release of the facelift EP's back in 2002 and 2003 but can't seem to find any threads. All the threads I find are for people converting to the facelift headlights so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.