Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    yea...i like the sound of this

"A micro-polished K20a2 crank, OEM bearings, with Maxi lite rods (Brian Crower), and a set of OEM type-r pistons (coated) would be a sick bottom end in a K20"

Quote Originally Posted by classiccelica View Post
    HUH HUH yeah rev rev rev HUh yeah. I love the needle in my buddies 06 kpro'd type-s with some other goodies as well rev to 8600rpm. The sound and the excitement of omg is it ever going to stop revving.
    yea my normal rev limit is 8700 and its sweet! the few times i set it to 9k, 3rd goes to pratcially 1000mph!

and yea, my a2 block is still good. just wanna beef it up a lil

300whp+2140lbs= fun classiccelica's Avatar
    Damn third goes to 1000mph. Now I have to get that combination. Just kidding. I see you have z3 cams what is the bennifit of those over the z1 cams. What is your et since you trap 103

well i trapped 14.0 at 103 lol....traction ftl! when i went to the track that time. my tire pressure was at 30psi...so i didnt hook up at all.....thats why my actual time sucked. next time i go, i hope to have DR's.

I may have seen some of your videos on streetfire or youtube. If that is in fact your car then damn good work. I already have the 2003 type-s six speed ready to go in just need a cheap lsd that will work, and the a2 or z1 to finish the swap. The motor will have to wait for a little bit though.

well met up with chunky today. looks like i have a plan! lol

he has a spare a2 block layin around and im gonna use that. he is gona take a measure meant of the cylinders and we will figure out what pistons i need. im gonna find a crank, order eagle H beam rods and then order the pistons (once we know what i need). so i will pretty much have a built short block. crank, pistons and rods assembled. then over xmas break, we will pull my car in my dads shop, pull the motor and tranny. remove my oil pump, oil pan and all accessories. the head, some new stage II cams ( ), etc. then assemble them on the spare block then re-install that in my car .....oo and i will also be installing an lsd and a type-r final drive along with a lightend flywheel gonna be a new beast!

Quote Originally Posted by classiccelica View Post
    I may have seen some of your videos on streetfire or youtube. If that is in fact your car then damn good work. I already have the 2003 type-s six speed ready to go in just need a cheap lsd that will work, and the a2 or z1 to finish the swap. The motor will have to wait for a little bit though.
    lol is that my car? haha

j/p yea its mine

Wow really? Holy crap man I was just watching your videos today cuz I hurt my back at work now I am off till it gets better, and I fell in love with that acceleration and rpm. Great work man, maybe you and can talk somemore on pm and get me some edumacation on this swap.

and yea they were on youtube... think i have like 6....my name is like shadowep3 or something lol those are the ones u saw right? some are night shots and others are day...but they are all of the speedo/tach...right? cause those are mine

Yes sir that is exactly what I saw. I love it, I really can't wait to get mine. Oh yeah what bennifit do the z3 cams have over the other options such as z1.

well...the z3 intake is bigger but the z1 exhaust is bigger than the z3...the z3 exhaust cam is the same as the a2. so really, a good combo would be z3 intake and z1 exhaust. make sure to get an RBC intake mani too!

Really I didn't know that the z3 intake cam is bigger and the z1 exhaust cam is bigger than the z3's. That would be something awesome to combine, does the rbc really make that much of a difference without being forced induced though?

oo yea! u only need boost if ur still rockin the a3 and want the rbc. the rbc loves rpm's. so yea, i picked up 9whp alone from an rbc once it was tuned

SAM will nevah be happyz with the beast that is his engine.

lol....well these parts will ACTUALLY be going in lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information