Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    oh yeah i agree with you boosted prolly would make a significant difference.
    When people ask me if my car is turbo, I can finally say yes muthafuxa it is.

yeah i have that setup. only i have the z1 head.

with just the z1 head swap i made 172hp tuned. in the kpro listed calibrations there is one that make that power for bolt on on the a3. one members bro made that and i was shocked. so doin just the head swap than it's not worth it. but since i put the s/c on it is great. at 3k the boosts kicks in and at 4k(where i set vtec) the engine opens up and the rpms just skyrocket.

i have not yet had a chance to get it tuned yet. still planning to get the 3.8" pulley, 2.5" tensioner pulley, maxbore the TB and get it tuned

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaoKidd2k View Post

with just the z1 head swap i made 172hp tuned. in the kpro listed calibrations there is one that make that power for bolt on on the a3. one members bro made that and i was shocked. so doin just the head swap than it's not worth it. but since i put the s/c on it is great. at 3k the boosts kicks in and at 4k(where i set vtec) the engine opens up and the rpms just skyrocket.

i have not yet had a chance to get it tuned yet. still planning to get the 3.8" pulley, 2.5" tensioner pulley, maxbore the TB and get it tuned
    Boost +no tune=big no no

I'm Jealous of your setup minus the no tune! Man get tuned and let us know what you are putting down.

Quote Originally Posted by LaoKidd2k View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    I did mention in my reply to Sam (aka ShadowMD) that the a2 just barely topped the K24a1 head in cfms at the very top of the powerband.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmd View Post
    :thumb:

ephatch member
    [QUOTE=The only better alternative to this in theory is a K24a1 head with cams/K20a3 bottom end. Mostly because the K24a1 head flows better than any of the VTEC styled heads.[/QUOTE]

yey! that's what i'm doing!

want to know more info on this.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffgeezer View Post
    yey! that's what i'm doing!
    I think the same as you about the heads in the long run, however after talking to a good tuner, he told me that with a blower it is forcing air in so fast that porting and different head will not be that much greater than another.

If you are going K24, I would suggest a three lobed cam with the blower. Or go with a strickly VTEC killer set up K24, they make killer power

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information