Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ill test it for free, and if it works then ill buy it for 150.

I'd love to do that but I can't. I can however offer you a full refund if you find that it does not work. With paypal you are protected and we can make it part of the documentation when making the transaction. I am not a company and do not have the available resources to just send stuf out for free. sorry.

Let me know. Looking forward to it.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skoolnu View Post
    ill test it for free, and if it works then ill buy it for 150.

get a prototype made and im sure they will sell like hotcakes! Lets see it, and well go from there

guess what people.. by looking at the picture it looks like a manual tensioner. I dont see any spring loaded area on it. I made my own auto tensioner out of our stock tensioner though. Worked great when i had my k20a boosted at 9-10 psi

Ill show a pic of where it was modded to work with the blower.

I also modded another one for my buddies EG running 13 psi and he had 0 belt slip on the dyno

just look at the corner near the blower.. I cut off about an inch of aluminum. Its only the bolt hole that holds the lower bolt for the idler pulley which you dont need with the supercharger.. At least i didnt need it lol.

So it also allowed for great pulley coverage.

This is exactly what I needed to see.

There is no way I can make the relocation bracket work. we need both mounting points on the tensioner and there is no space to do this. The supercharger is way too tight.

02EP3SI has the best and cheapest solution. Anyone can do this with some griding.

Nice Job and thinking man!

FYI 02EP3SI my piece is not a tensioner. it is a relocating bracket for the powersteering.

Case closed here. Thanks!

Ok.. no problem.. Glad i could help

Just remember people if you do what i have done and want to go back to stock you will need to buy a new tensioner.

Quote Originally Posted by 02EP3SI View Post
    guess what people.. by looking at the picture it looks like a manual tensioner. I dont see any spring loaded area on it. I made my own auto tensioner out of our stock tensioner though. Worked great when i had my k20a boosted at 9-10 psi

Ill show a pic of where it was modded to work with the blower.

I also modded another one for my buddies EG running 13 psi and he had 0 belt slip on the dyno

just look at the corner near the blower.. I cut off about an inch of aluminum. Its only the bolt hole that holds the lower bolt for the idler pulley which you dont need with the supercharger.. At least i didnt need it lol.

So it also allowed for great pulley coverage.
    Thats sweet dude... shit, i sold my stock tensioner to MugenReplica lol. thats alright tho. what size belt you running?

i just reallized something when you asked what belt i was running.... This may be a problem for the a3 guys..

I was running a k20a which has the smalled crank pulley and a 3 inch blower pulley.

I was running a 62 inch belt also i think.. Its been a couple months now.

If anyone is close to cincinnati with an a3 blower and wants to come over to my house we can get something figured out with it.

The tensioner pulley may rub on a 4 inch pulley setup, but we may be able to find a smaller pulley to fit the tensioner??

I really want to get this figured out for us ep guys... Another option is to use the RSX blower manifold and notch the core support :)

i just reallized something when you asked what belt i was running.... This may be a problem for the a3 guys..

I was running a k20a which has the smalled crank pulley and a 3 inch blower pulley.

I was running a 62 inch belt also i think.. Its been a couple months now.

If anyone is close to cincinnati with an a3 blower and wants to come over to my house we can get something figured out with it.

The tensioner pulley may rub on a 4 inch pulley setup, but we may be able to find a smaller pulley to fit the tensioner??

I really want to get this figured out for us ep guys... Another option is to use the RSX blower manifold and notch the core support :)
    word. notchin is too much hackin, not safe.im too far away or id say lets do it.

has anybody check if this is ok for the a3?

can you please make a DIY on this, on where exactly you modified the stock auto tensioner
    picture would be good
    I cant see it from the picture you have

Ok.. no problem.. Glad i could help

Just remember people if you do what i have done and want to go back to stock you will need to buy a new tensioner.

i have to change my alternator soon, i might attemp this. i have 2 stock tensioners from before i installed my jrsc-r. Anyone wanna give it a try im down for the cause we can even video diy the whole thing. Got an extra one for those who are brave enough to enter the unknown with me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information