Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar

New JRSC tensioner option???

Looks like CT has released a new tensioner design for the FA5/FG2. Since they both have EPS like us, this could be a possible alternative for us. It could possibly get rid of that ridiculous manual tensioner that JRSC attempts to supply us. So who wants to be the first guinea pig?

Discuss.....

Look at that belt coverage! AMAZING!!!

Last edited by MugenReplica; 07-11-2008 at 08:32 AM.

is it still a manual belt tensioner?

Quote Originally Posted by si4life View Post
    is it still a manual belt tensioner?
    From what I can see, I don't think so. But I don't know for sure.

that would make some sick ass boost if it would be used on the jrsc! i'm not brave enough to be the 1st to try this out.

Um...noobie fart...what does this do?

i talked to oscar jackson when i went in for a tune on tuesday at church. Apparently they are looking in to making an automatic tensioner for their older superchargers, although I'm not sure how likely they are going to go through with it.

That would be sick if they did!
    Quote Originally Posted by cHaRL!e View Post
    i talked to oscar jackson when i went in for a tune on tuesday at church. Apparently they are looking in to making an automatic tensioner for their older superchargers, although I'm not sure how likely they are going to go through with it.

Banned
    I have had zero issues with my gates belt....belts like tires can be made out of different rubber compounds...daytons suck, gates seem to work really well. I have never tried the goodyear, noone seems to have them when I need them.

There is not much need for this assembly when running the 4" pulley. If you are running the 3.8 or 3.7 and making 10+ psi, you may see slippage with the JRSC tensioner. Good post though. That is a good looking unit but is probably in the neighborhood of $300-$400.

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    Agreed jerseyjew. I seem to remember a few of the CRSX guys using CT ATs and they cost hundreds of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyjew View Post
    There is not much need for this assembly when running the 4" pulley. If you are running the 3.8 or 3.7 and making 10+ psi, you may see slippage with the JRSC tensioner. Good post though. That is a good looking unit but is probably in the neighborhood of $300-$400.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4angrybadgers View Post
    Agreed jerseyjew. I seem to remember a few of the CRSX guys using CT ATs and they cost hundreds of dollars.
    Definitely agreed. I was guessing a minimum of a $250 charge. Maybe with this we'll get some guys attempting to run the 3.8 and 3.7 more often. Then all they gotta worry about is detonation running boost that high. Nothing a alchohol/meth injection kit and/or E85 can't handle.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    Definitely agreed. I was guessing a minimum of a $250 charge. Maybe with this we'll get some guys attempting to run the 3.8 and 3.7 more often. Then all they gotta worry about is detonation running boost that high. Nothing a alchohol/meth injection kit and/or E85 can't handle.
    The 3.8 doesn't require anything special, just a good tune. I have the 3.8 in the heat of a Mississippi/Louisiana summer with no issues.

300whp+2140lbs= fun classiccelica's Avatar
    Damn 3.8 huh? What kind of numbers are you pulling at the wheels? I have a buddy with the 4" and his slips like a mother. He only ran a best of 14.6 at 97mph at famoso in bakersfeild.

Quote Originally Posted by classiccelica View Post
    Damn 3.8 huh? What kind of numbers are you pulling at the wheels? I have a buddy with the 4" and his slips like a mother. He only ran a best of 14.6 at 97mph at famoso in bakersfeild.
    211/165.9 at the wheels, on a Mustang dyno. To quote the tuner, "1st gear is just retarded" - I'm on 205/50/15 Yokos and if I go WOT anywhere in 1st I just smoke the tires.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...dyno_sheet.jpg

I went to the track once since I had it tuned, but by the time I got a good launch my clutch was slipping pretty badly (worn out). Best time was something like a 14.7 because of the clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by 4angrybadgers View Post
    What does 'with WCF' mean on that chart?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information