Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thinking about doing a K24A1 Swap...

Ok I've read the basics on the swap. If I go K24A1 then I'll swap the head and Frankenstein the shit out of it. I would like to know what is a good path to take while on budget and try to keep the swap mild for now... The main question is:
    Would it be possible to swap the tranny and get an AWD EP3?? This is out of pure curiousity
    Also what would that entail if it were possible?
    With the frankenstein, at what point would I have to switch to premium gas?

Oh yeah, and what started the question of AWD was that I saw an ad in the classifieds from "Wilde Toyota" about a 2000 Civic AWD....... LOL
    Last edited by Kanzen Taichou; 07-11-2008 at 10:22 AM. Reason: left out detail

Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Keeping the swap mild but then also wanting AWD
    AWD is a curiousity question no real effort on trying it unless it is totally plausible...

For the K24 build I would like to know how to mildy tune it on a budget, and where to get a good K24.

I'm talking about budget as in:
    In debt
    newborn daughter
    non-working mother/fiance
    soon to be married in a couple of months
    part time schooling 2 night

Quote Originally Posted by Kanzen Taichou View Post
    AWD is a curiousity question no real effort on trying it unless it is totally plausible...
    You would incur an extreme amount of cost and effort to convert to AWD.

For the K24 build I would like to know how to mildy tune it on a budget, and where to get a good K24.

In debt
    newborn daughter
    I am in about the same boat, except I had a lil boy 3 months ago.

I suggest you talk to PAPITUYO326 about a K24A1, and swap that mother into your car with bolt ons and Kpro for starters. Enjoy that setup for a lil while and then at your own pace find an A2 head and oil pump to complete the frank.

I have been playin with this idea. I know for sure I will be swapping a K24a1 (eventually) but i dont know if i want to frankenstein it or supercharge it.

I want a big block! thechromecoyote's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerica459 View Post
    I am in about the same boat, except I had a lil boy 3 months ago.

I suggest you talk to PAPITUYO326 about a K24A1, and swap that mother into your car with bolt ons and Kpro for starters. Enjoy that setup for a lil while and then at your own pace find an A2 head and oil pump to complete the frank.

I have been playin with this idea. I know for sure I will be swapping a K24a1 (eventually) but i dont know if i want to frankenstein it or supercharge it.
    Do both!

low compression, Supercharged 2.4L w. 3 lobe vtec and an aggressive intake cam from the 06+ TSX ...

Just a k24a1 swap with kpro and bolt ons will cost you close to 5k.

In debt
    newborn daughter
    I recommend getting your finances straight before putting any money into a car.

^^^what he said!!

I <3 whitechapel illusionsoflife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaney View Post
    I recommend getting your finances straight before putting any money into a car.
    exactly!!!! i was like you when my daughter was born. she turned one this past sunday. lots happened...her mom left me 2 weeks after she was born. then begged for me back after she !@#$ someone else. but now its all good. single...have two amazing daughters one 2 one 1. this weekend the cybernation kit goes on. then in two months kpro and k24a1 then in october area the turbo goes back on and tuned. just lay low for now. also your going to find here soon your intrest in the car is going to slow down with the new baby and slowly come back

Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Just a k24a1 swap with kpro and bolt ons will cost you close to 5k.
    Not quite

The way i see it is around 1k for basic i/rh/e (we will say injen cai, dcrh, and whatever exhaust you want), 1k for Kpro, and 1.3k for the K24A1.

Thats 3300(ish) for a k24a1 with bolt ons. Should yield many smiles before he has to swap the A2 head on. Still a bit less than the said 5k

Need a (good) clutch and engine mounts (Innovative/Hasport/ESMM's) also... its the little shit that adds up with a swap. 5k is reasonable and realistic. Been there done that. You are also limited in header/exhaust choices... unless you fork out the bread for a Hytech header or go totally custom... each costing $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Need a (good) clutch and engine mounts (Innovative/Hasport/ESMM's) also... its the little shit that adds up with a swap. 5k is reasonable and realistic. Been there done that. You are also limited in header/exhaust choices... unless you fork out the bread for a Hytech header or go totally custom... each costing $$$.
    ep specific dcrh works on a K24 swap with minimul clearence issues if any. ESMM cost 25 bucks. Yes a clutch should get thrown on the list. BUT it still isnt 5k. Closer to 4k maybe.

if you notice that nifty little thing by your legs, cupholders, cubby, ebrake, etc..
    In a normal car, or an awd car, there is a tunnel that would go all the way to the back.
    for the ep AWD would require the driveshaft to go under the car or in the car, not gonna work.

ep specific dcrh works on a K24 swap with minimul clearence issues if any. ESMM cost 25 bucks. Yes a clutch should get thrown on the list. BUT it still isnt 5k. Closer to 4k maybe.
    HAHA! With no swaybar MAYBE. Have you swapped a k24... or are you spouting off what you have read/heard? ESMM's are MINIMAL for a k24 and really arent enough. They are a thin band-aid at best. A good clutch will hit ya right at $450+.

Here is where you concede and say... "Ok, well if i wanted to do it RIGHT, then 5k seems possible." Or you can agree that 3.5k is the way to half ass a k24 swap. The choice is yours...

I say 5k cuz it sure doesn't sound like this guy is doing his own work. So 1k for the swap and bolt ons and then another 400 for tune. You easily reach 5k quickly. Then add in hoses/gaskets/coolant/oil/tranny oil....etc. 4K is barely feasible if you DO do your own work(and that is still half ass).Here is a listing and the bolts ons are used and poor quality(especially dcrh).
    Kpro-1000
    k24a1(shipped)-1300
    DCRH-270
    CAI-100
    Catback-350
    Mounts-280
    Clutch/fly-500
    Tune-400
    Oils/coolant/gaskets-110
    Labor-minimum is 1000 unless you give amazing bj's

So a very meager 1000 for labor brings it up to 5310!
    Last edited by davisj3537; 07-16-2008 at 07:51 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information