Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanzen Taichou View Post

I'm talking about budget as in:
    In debt
    newborn daughter
    non-working mother/fiance
    soon to be married in a couple of months
    part time schooling 2 night
    whoa....sorry man, i don't know how or why you'd think to budget in a motor swap, let alone modifying anything to your car

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    HAHA! With no swaybar MAYBE. Have you swapped a k24... or are you spouting off what you have read/heard? ESMM's are MINIMAL for a k24 and really arent enough. They are a thin band-aid at best. A good clutch will hit ya right at $450+.

Here is where you concede and say... "Ok, well if i wanted to do it RIGHT, then 5k seems possible." Or you can agree that 3.5k is the way to half ass a k24 swap. The choice is yours...
    Geez dude take it easy. I have not claimed to of swapped a K24. A good clutch for 450 sounds a bit excessive. Just cus you swapped in a motor with a whopping 30 tq more doesnt mean you need a racing clutch.

I will concede that yes 5k seems feasible, for myself it seems 4k is possible cus i do all my own work.

But you didnt have to be an asshole about it.
    Last edited by Emerica459; 07-16-2008 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Here is a listing and the bolts ons are used and poor quality(especially dcrh).
    Whats wrong with a DCRH? People have been running these for years and have had no issues. Its just an affordable name brand race header.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerica459 View Post
    Whats wrong with a DCRH? People have been running these for years and have had no issues. Its just an affordable name brand race header.
    It is the lowest quality RH on the market is it not? The OBX header even made more power. Also on the clutch the only two companies that make a clutch for the ep are over 400. If you want to get a cheaper clutch then you need a rsx fly too.

It is the lowest quality RH on the market is it not? The OBX header even made more power. Also on the clutch the only two companies that make a clutch for the ep are over 400. If you want to get a cheaper clutch then you need a rsx fly too.
    Quality is not measured in horsepower output. I would be more concerned with build and fitment. And its still excellent bang for your buck.

for a mild k24a1 setup (under 230 whp/190wtq), i suggest an oem crv clutch. I have lost any and all semblance of faith in the engineering done by these companies.

The pressure plate is the same part #as the ep. So is the required flywheel. Just swap in a fresh CRV clutch disk and you have an OEM clutch designed to carry MOST of your newfound torque. Sure

I've been running mine for a littler over 6 months and I love it. The grip is great, even with my not so mild mods... and it feels so much more solid than my last aftermarket clutch.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Man Not to hate on you but I would do it right or do it twice! Spend the extra cash if you really really want a K24A1 setup to last and don't cut corners or you will kick yourself in the butt when something you didn't swap out goes out on you. I've done a swap on a budget and tried to cut corners, it will haunt you when things go out. If I knew what I know now I would have done the swap differently.
    I would say save the money and put it towards bills and whatever your Daughter might need IMO.
    Last edited by Mikebuen; 07-16-2008 at 08:58 PM.

I <3 whitechapel illusionsoflife's Avatar
    dont mod if your in debt. i had 1200 dollars in credit card bills. i paid them off then spent a good amount on my ep but at the same time supporting two daughters. being 23 years old its pretty hard. i stress so much. but slowly get there. i got rid of things i liked but have more fun with the car. trying to sell my xbox and games so i can get new dspecs. sold my 65 inch tv to get my turbo. but still have a good size tv. just be carefull. youll feel like complete shit if you buy something for your car you dont need and cant afford something for your daughter. give it a few months like i said before. youll fall completly in love with this kid. then youll thank a lot of us that are trying to help you out. it might seem like we're all being dicks and jelous of you getting a new motor. but really everyone here has the same car. no one really trys to out do the other. it sucks to see a fellow member go down or have something happen to his car. i would say keep the k20a3 for now. get a used jrsc run the power card that will put you above a k24a1 stock power. and be ALOT better for your case right now. be carefull though. these cars are money pits. but i plan on keeping this car forever. its my 3rd kid.

Quality is not measured in horsepower output. I would be more concerned with build and fitment. And its still excellent bang for your buck.
    It is a good bang for buck but just as stated but, its still the lowest header on the totem pole. The header barely clears the sway bar (only when weight is on the wheels making it hard to work on when jacked up)and still raises the catback up enough to where it normally hits the bottom of the car. They are prone to cracking even with the ESMM and the primary pipes are not all the exact same length like your nicer headers. Plus Talon got ,I believe, 37 more ftlbs on a SSR over a JRRH(which is still considerably better than the dcrh).

Quote Originally Posted by illusionsoflife View Post
    These cars are money pits.
    Damn right...I dropped 15g before I even realized what was going on.

Damn right...I dropped 15g before I even realized what was going on.

GODDAM!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pynikal View Post
    GODDAM!!!!!!!
    Yeah what a horrible waste of money...but I learned a skill and now I'm making money doing it so FUCK YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by bchaney View Post
    I recommend getting your finances straight before putting any money into a car.
    Yea, this isn't going to happen any time soon.. I'm still playing with the idea and the many facets and ways that it can go... I would love the high revability.... but that's not too practical if i'm looking for raw get up and go power...

Geez dude take it easy. I have not claimed to of swapped a K24. A good clutch for 450 sounds a bit excessive. Just cus you swapped in a motor with a whopping 30 tq more doesnt mean you need a racing clutch.

I will concede that yes 5k seems feasible, for myself it seems 4k is possible cus i do all my own work.

But you didnt have to be an asshole about it.
    I was hardly being an asshole... just suggesting you were talking from yours. All i was askin is if you were typing facts from experience... or were concluding thoughts from the bazillions of threads available on the net on this very subject. You were the one spouting off what "was" and "was not" right. The rest of us mildly corrected you. Here you take offense.

By the way... a ClutchMasters stg4 clutch isnt a race clutch. It is still ony a single plate design with clamping loads much lower than what Racing Clutches have to offer. You commenting on a "whoppin 30 tq more" speaks volumes of your ingnorance.

Get your hands dirty with a k24 swap. Learn to use some dial calipers and what value a line bore has for you and your engine/build. THEN let us know your opinions... until then YOURE being the asshole. Incorrect information is not helping anyone at all... no matter how many times you try to defend your intent.

I wipe my own azz, so i know my shyt!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information