Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

homemade armrest

So i was looking over armrests for sale online and trying to retrofit some other cheap armrests to fit our car because the only ones for our car are expensive. I found that many others that are nice are quite pricey as well.. So i decided to make my own for the time being. I took a couple old pieces of wood and made it to a general shape of the armrest, bought some foam ($5) and a lil microsuede fabric from jo anns ($3), slapped it together and made a pretty decent armrest. To make it steady i removed the two screws holding the back portion cup holder and screwed it to the armrest..I am really happy with how comfortable it makes the ride feel.Small price, huge difference. Just need to make a few more cosmetic changes, but all in all im really happy..

Last edited by drkdhar; 07-13-2008 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrypTOniTE View Post
    wow .. you must be a redneck.. why would you wanna put a armrest
    right above the ebrake?.. poor ep.. i say take that awful thing out..
    I say give the guy a break. It may not look all that badass, but it seems very functional.

I'm not really feeling it.. but props for doing something different.

Quote Originally Posted by kaisertj View Post
    I say give the guy a break. It may not look all that badass, but it seems very functional.
    i give him 5 points for effort.. but it looks useless if its manual.. i would of understood if he had a automatic trans swap.. well if he's 90 percent of the time on the shifter

where i see that that is definately a cheap and creative way on making an armrest, i just wish maybe the fabric matched a little better.

props to you for doing something unique.

and welcome to ephatch.
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

yea i know it looks kinda messy for now, but like i said i have more cosmetic issues to deal with to make it look better. gonna wrap it up with more suede fabric to clean the look up a little. It doesnt interfere much with the handbrake really..plus when both the seat and back u really cant see anything except the armrest..Feels good enough for now till i get enough money to buy a nice one..

plus i do a lil long distance driving from time to time and it would really make a difference during the commute..

props to you. i loled when i seen it. anyway if you like it rock it.
    When people ask me if my car is turbo, I can finally say yes muthafuxa it is.

oh ya ive been around for some time (march 07) just remade my acc when the whole thing was revamped..

good and cheap option i believe.

Props for creativity. If it makes you more comfortable when you drive then rock on.

I've never really seen the need for an armrest, though. Over the years I've gotten in the habit of resting my hand on the shifter for shifting/radio fidgeting activities. People drive differently.

Wurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siborg18 View Post
    Sorry, but thats hideous... derived from the english word hide, meaning go bury it before it grows eyes and a mouth and starts biting back. And who got the idea that woodgrain looks good in an ep3 anyway???? Try driving fast enough so that you dont need an armrest to relax... I think thatz what honda was thinking
    Why all the hate? Dude wants an armrest, builds armrest, and others might copy him if they want one too. You could find a nicer way to tell a noob that you don't like his stuff.

Dude you should of bought a ford..
    So a Ford is better than an EP with an armrest? Hmmm... building an armrest that doesn't look great negates all the other strengths of the car...

Quote Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
    props to you. i loled when i seen it. anyway if you like it rock it.
    Yah, good attitude. We need more people trying things that are out of the box a little... that 's how new stuff happens. :yo:
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechEP3 View Post
    Canada has the Eh?3 Know what I'm talking aboot?

i give him 5 points for effort.. but it looks useless if its manual.. i would of understood if he had a automatic trans swap.. well if he's 90 percent of the time on the shifter
    How is it useless if it's manual. You accelerate, get to the gear you want to stay in, and your done, armrest just became useful.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Dude you should of bought a ford.. sorry.. it doesnt seem functional for the ep.. but good luck if it makes u happy.. by the way welcome..
    Constructive criticism is acceptable.

You made three posts to say you thought his idea was not well thought out. I have no problem with people voicing their opinions, but please keep it to one post for bashing on somebody elses idea. Two ONLY if you're going to be constructive with your criticism and not bash again.

PLAY NICE, PLEASE.

*Armrest could use a little work, but IMO it looks functinal. Just put a touch more work into it and it will be a beauty.

isn't there somewhere we can buy the material that our seats are made of?
    I think there is... i would suggest using that. It would make it look worlds better.

Also what happens when you move the seat forward/backward?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information