Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    my boi has one of those rs's with complete exhaust man that thing sounds like a harley!

get one! :D

Id kill for a 2.5 4door
    But this 2 door will have to do...

ephatch member
    i like the rs as well, but prefer the wrx turbo, hehe

then put an sti turbo on it. Boom Over.

Or do what most people do and swap in an 04 05 wrx engine. It weighs less than the sti engine.

ephatch member
    those rs's are pretty sweet

~kevin

for that price you can buy my ep and have a parts car lol

Kenscivic has it right now. go pick it up and drop the money off at his house
    I'm from Detroit, we are so gangster even our mayor is in jail

ephatch member
    Thanks for all the input guys, i'm going to try to track down a subaru impreza, 4door/2door/wagon, whatever I can get my hands on. And i'm not rich, but up here in canada 10,000 to 12,000 will def not get you a new/ newish car. Unless its a hyudai. I'm trying to move up the ladder of winter beaters, my first was an 85 2wd toyota pick up, my second was the 91 si. Seeing as winter is about 7 monthes of the year up here, I need something reliable and not emberrasing to drive (see 1985 toyota 2wd rust bucket). Cars are a little more exspensive here in canada (my 2002 si was $27,000 new) so i guess seeing as most people on the boards here are american, budget for a $6000 -$8000 winter beater, and thats what i'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv Civ View Post
    The RS is definitely not underpowered. More power AND more torque than the EP. Can be had clean for ~8k.

I miss mine a lot!
    im not sure about that... my rs wasnt fast at all... i even went out n bought a used ej20 for the swap.... well i guess it depends on wat ur comparing it to... my 98rs was underpowered compared to my 02wrx... my 02rex was underpowered compared to my 06Sti... i like the look of my rs the best!..haha.

i miss my rs to!..

Quote Originally Posted by william View Post
    Thanks for all the input guys, i'm going to try to track down a subaru impreza, 4door/2door/wagon, whatever I can get my hands on. And i'm not rich, but up here in canada 10,000 to 12,000 will def not get you a new/ newish car. Unless its a hyudai. I'm trying to move up the ladder of winter beaters, my first was an 85 2wd toyota pick up, my second was the 91 si. Seeing as winter is about 7 monthes of the year up here, I need something reliable and not emberrasing to drive (see 1985 toyota 2wd rust bucket). Cars are a little more exspensive here in canada (my 2002 si was $27,000 new) so i guess seeing as most people on the boards here are american, budget for a $6000 -$8000 winter beater, and thats what i'm looking for.
    for wat its worth... id definately recomend u buy a 02+ wrx... rs is nice but it lacks punch... im sure u can find one within ur budget.. good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by steadydpn1 View Post
    for wat its worth... id definately recomend u buy a 02+ wrx... rs is nice but it lacks punch... im sure u can find one within ur budget.. good luck!!
    yeah hes gonna want as much horsepower as he can in the snow and ice covered roads.

2.5rs has more hp and tq than the ep. Its more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ep3T0n3y View Post
    yeah hes gonna want as much horsepower as he can in the snow and ice covered roads.

2.5rs has more hp and tq than the ep. Its more than enough.
    thanx for the info buddy but i know exactly how much hp n tq an rs has... i use to own one!!..lol... the awd system in em will surprisingly hookup well in snow... im just sayin if the choice is between an rs or wrx... id go with the wrx... more hp n tq never hurts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information