Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by oneglory View Post
    no. probably another $200-$300 more to buy those.
    but but but but

I want to see your projector facing the wall, did u have to swap any lenses? did u have to re-aim these retrofitted projectors? would it be better to use matsushita gen 3 ballast and phillips bulb 4100k?

Ya I just bought the tsx projectors, but I have yet to buy the ballasts and bulbs and ignitors... just wondering if anyone has any detailed pics of the ballast installed... Also what are people using to cover the ignitors and projectors in the back? Anyone order the backplates and gaskets from a tsx or an s2000 and made them fit at all?
    Last edited by chet; 01-24-2009 at 02:58 PM.

curious, would i need a different harness if i have an 04 ep?

Awesome job! I used this thread for my retro as well...went much easier than I thought..do you have any issues with the lenses fogging up, since you re-used the grey glue that came originally on the lights? I ask because the original Depo projector assemblies have a different backing, where the bulb connector wiring goes, so the rubber gaskets that came with the lights fit. For me, using TSX projectors with D2S adapters, the gasket didn't fit, so I had to take it off. Every time I wash the car, condensation/fog builds up behind the lenses (the actual headlights, not the projector lenses). Really annoying....I did what you did, as far as re-using the glue sealant, but I used the oven method (250 F for 7 minutes), and I also went around the housings with black Permatex sealant (gasket maker) where spots appeared exposed like you used to mount the ballasts on the underside of the headlights. I'd post a picture, but I took them out for the winter and put the OEMs back in. I'm actually going to re-do the retro again with another set of lights, but this time I'm going to attempt to remove all that grey glue. I picked up some OCI Butyl Sealant from a company that I bought the projector assemblies from (TheRetrofitSource). Apparently, this sealant is supposed to be the best available, so we shall see. Maybe I'll post a thread up here once they are done, assuming everything works this time around.
    Last edited by EP3Noob; 02-11-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information