Close

HELP!! Alpine Deck And Power Locks Not Working!

I currently have an alpine CDDA 9883 Headunit. Ive had it for over a year now and it has been working perfectly. I recently took my entire center console apart to replace a light bulb in the AC/Heater controls. I unhooked everything and completely removed the console with the stereo attatched to it and then when I was done I reconnected everything and put the console back together. I double checked and everything was exactly how I had it before.

Then I turned my car on and the headunit will not turn on at all and everything else on the console works perfectly fine.

Whats also weird though however is now my power locks also wont work when the car is completely off, so I cant use my remote to unlock or lock the car or enable the alarm. I have to manually lock and unlock it by inserting the key. When the car is on, however, the power locks work just fine.

I feel like ive tried everything and I have no idea what else to do. Someone please help!! I want my Radio and power locks back

Quote Originally Posted by 02Ep3Rocker View Post
    I currently have an alpine CDDA 9883 Headunit. Ive had it for over a year now and it has been working perfectly. I recently took my entire center console apart to replace a light bulb in the AC/Heater controls. I unhooked everything and completely removed the console with the stereo attatched to it and then when I was done I reconnected everything and put the console back together. I double checked and everything was exactly how I had it before.

Then I turned my car on and the headunit will not turn on at all and everything else on the console works perfectly fine.

Whats also weird though however is now my power locks also wont work when the car is completely off, so I cant use my remote to unlock or lock the car or enable the alarm. I have to manually lock and unlock it by inserting the key. When the car is on, however, the power locks work just fine.

I feel like ive tried everything and I have no idea what else to do. Someone please help!! I want my Radio and power locks back

I don't have a schematic in front of me, but you might need reprogram the remotes.

As for the head unit, might want to recheck your connections and check the fuse for the deck. It's usually attached to the power wire and is within a few inches of the rear of the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargola View Post
    I don't have a schematic in front of me, but you might need reprogram the remotes.

As for the head unit, might want to recheck your connections and check the fuse for the deck. It's usually attached to the power wire and is within a few inches of the rear of the deck.
    Ive rechecked all of my connections and unplugged and replugged everything and made sure everything was secure. I also checked the fuse on the rear of the deck and it was perfectly fine. I also checked the fused below the steering wheel and that was fine too. Any other suggestions?

FIXED IT

It was a simple fix all it was was the 'backup' fuse in the fuse box in the engine bay. I feel stupid for overlooking it at first but whatever atleast it works now.

Thanks for the help though gargola!

I <3 whitechapel illusionsoflife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 02Ep3Rocker View Post
    FIXED IT

It was a simple fix all it was was the 'backup' fuse in the fuse box in the engine bay. I feel stupid for overlooking it at first but whatever atleast it works now.

Thanks for the help though gargola!
    i have blown that fuse 19 times at least

Thread Information