Close

Yet another midpipe question

Iknow that this is getting tiresome but oh well. I know that mandrel bent is better but why?? I want to get one but i have to order from some where with a credit card and i dont got one so i was thinking of just going with crush bent. Oh, and what is the stock pipe made out of?? Thanx:o

Mandrel bent is better because it keeps the size of the piping even on the inside, instead f having "kinks"... therefore increasing flow. I have a 2.25" mandrel bent midpipe with resonator that I had made a few weeks ago that I do not want anymore if you're interested. I'm waiting for JRSC to come out to determine the proper (larger) sizing. PM me if you're interested. ;)

ssvr6
    This is from the shop that did Mike's work.

Steve

Canuck
    mandrel bent piping is very nice if you can find it, but don't drive yourself crazy if you can't find it.

The custom mid-pipe setups I recommend all the time are meant to be used with the stock muffler. The stock muffler has a 2 inch pipe attached to it, thus 2 inches is the smallest point in the exhaust (not counting the tiny stock midpipe which we are ditching). You can use a 2.25" crush bent midpipe, which necks down to 2 inches in the bends/curves for the most part. Thus the smallest part of the crush bent midpipe is still the same size as the muffler piping, which = not a problem. If you intend on using an aftermarket muffler with larger piping then you should look for alternate mid-pipes that fit the system you want.

Seeing as Cleanblacksi02 has one for sale that may be a good route to take, just slap it on and drive.

CleanBlackSi02

I'd like to buy your midpipe. I PM'd you.

Thread Information